Robert Plant Travel Between Shows

f2walsh

I saw Robert in only his second SSS gig, the one after Mississippi kicked off this incarnation.
He travelled to Alabama from Mississippi in a bus that reminded me of the bus in Shawshank Redemption which Red rode to the border of Mexico to reunite with Andy Dufresne.
It was hot ass mid August in the Deep South. That was cool.

Robert should be in Dallas already or arriving soon for his concert tomorrow night (3/15).  It also makes me wonder at which of the premium Dallas hotels Robert will stay at.  I know that Dallas, Texas is one of Roberts favorite American cities. 

Hey Jabe, at about what time does Robert take the stage?  The doors open at 7pm.  The show starts at 8.  I would think that Robert would take the stage around 9:30.  If you could let me know I would really appreciate it (I also understand that you may not read this in time or at all - Thanks either way!!!).

Can't wait to be in the same building as Mr. Plant in less then 24 hours from now. 

8 hours ago, jabe said:

I saw Robert in only his second SSS gig, the one after Mississippi kicked off this incarnation.
He travelled to Alabama from Mississippi in a bus that reminded me of the bus in Shawshank Redemption which Red rode to the border of Mexico to reunite with Andy Dufresne.
It was hot ass mid August in the Deep South. That was cool.

He has traveled by bus this tour too.  I have seen pictures on twitter of him getting off the bus in Louisiana last week.  I'm sure his tour was planned with spots to visit already in place.  That's what I admire the most about where he is as an artist and person.  He wants to perform, but also enjoy the peripheral aspect of where he is performing as well.  It shows in his performances. 

13 hours ago, jabe said:

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Robert should be in Dallas already or arriving soon for his concert tomorrow night (3/15).  It also makes me wonder at which of the premium Dallas hotels Robert will stay at.  I know that Dallas, Texas is one of Roberts favorite American cities. 

Hey Jabe, at about what time does Robert take the stage?  The doors open at 7pm.  The show starts at 8.  I would think that Robert would take the stage around 9:30.  If you could let me know I would really appreciate it (I also understand that you may not read this in time or at all - Thanks either way!!!).

Can't wait to be in the same building as Mr. Plant in less then 24 hours from now. 

This was back in 2012 and Robert was punctual. Best I recall, there was a support act. Robert eased from the shadows from the back right toward the mic stand well after his band was in position. I remember huge bundles of incense pouring out their aroma when the show started. I believe they were attached somehow to the monitors but I could be wrong about that. I believe Robert was a citizen of Austin during this time. Patty Griffin accompanied Plant on a song or two, or he accompanied her...  I can't exactly recall.
Plant is still the absolute coolest when it comes to stage presence, kingzoso. You're in for a fine ride tonight.

14 hours ago, jabe said:

I can't exactly recall.
Plant is still the absolute coolest when it comes to stage presence, kingzoso. You're in for a fine ride tonight.

I was in the Presence of Mr. Plant and around 3,000 other fans earlier tonight.  I cannot say or boast enough of how it is to see Robert Plant Live in concert and to see Him and hear Him sing.  I have had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Plant all the way back to 1988 when I saw Him at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA.  Since then I have seen Robert at least 10 or more times as a "solo" artist. 

my friends dads friend met him at a car show a day or two after he performed here at the sasquatch music festival a couple years ago. robert plant actually approached him to complement his car and he took few pictures with him as well. he seems to like to pass through small towns as opposed to downtown areas in big cities. robert was wearing a t shirt and plaid shorts so he more than likely went relatively undetected to most people :lol:

I had the privilege of seeing him perform in Shreveport this Friday; I never thought I'd have the opportunity to see one of the band members perform in my relative youth.

My pal's family owns a bakery and he and I were trying to talk to security if we could give him a cake...yes a pipe-dream ploy to try and meet the guy or at the very least deliver it to him, but to no avail. Regardless, I couldn't have been more blessed to see him perform.

Archived