Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whattime22

Songs rehearse for O2 Reunion Show

10 posts in this topic

Whats songs did Led Zeppelin rehearse,but did not play for the 2007 Reunion show? The only one I ever heard was Houses of the holy . 

It's exciting to think LZ pulled that out in June of 07, but it seems so unlikely.. what seems more likely to me is that Jason Bonham misspoke, and meant to say "No Quarter.. from Houses of the Holy"..   I'm a confused fan regarding the 1975 set list.  They avoided a lot of songs that could have helped them out. Houses of the Holy was one. Pretty sure I've not heard even one live version.

Okay the search function on this site works like a placebo sometimes.  I'm sure S A J will scold
me and let  know he has already explained this and there are several threads  discussing this. 
I apologize.  

Why was  Over The Hills And Far Away  not preformed?  It was pretty much along for the ride
the moment it made its debut.  

My thought, and this is just speculation for the sake of discussion, is that RP probably felt like he couldn't do the high notes justice. That is if they even thought about playing it or even practiced it. Which would be odd cause he sang it in his lower register quite a bit back in the day and those versions are nice. The song has such a great vibe to it. Love this thread topic...

The real surprise is why neither In The Evening, or All My Love were performed. ITE was a staple of both the 95'-96' & 98' PP tours and AML was a huge hit. One of these should have been performed to represent ITTOD, IMO it should have been ITE. I would have preferred either Hot's or Royal Orleans instead of FYL.

Yeah I suppose all albums should've been represented. Plant's voice certainly would have
handled something from In Through The Out Door - lower for his current vocal range.
Maybe the band after all this time, just wasn't 'feeling' it with that one.  Has Jones done
anything with that since '79 - '80??

Speaking of performing songs that had never been done live...I remember reading an interview
on here about some people at the O2 who thought For Your Life  was a new Zep song? I know
it's not the concert "staples" i. e. Stairway, Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love  e t c....but shit
COME ON.  They need their Zep cards revoked!! :buttsmack:

Anyone know if any accoustic numbers were considered? I guess that would strongly depend on
Jimmy's ability though.  From watching little clips with him and Roy Harper at his birthday, I
think he would have managed quite nicely :yesnod:

"Speaking of performing songs that had never been done live...I remember reading an interview
on here about some people at the O2 who thought For Your Life  was a new Zep song? I know
it's not the concert "staples" i. e. Stairway, Kashmir, Whole Lotta Love  e t c....but shit
COME ON.  They need their Zep cards revoked!! :buttsmack:
....the people on either side of me at the show both asked that question - they thought it was a new song.  I mean I had read in interviews before the show that "For Your Life" was in the setlist (I think Jason spilled the beans on that one).  I also pointed out Scarlett Page to them (who was between the stage and barricade) taking pictures.  They responded "WHO?"  I told them wait till she turns around, look at her eyes and tell me who she looks like.  They were like "OH MY GOD!"  

I was surprised that the band didn't play All My Love (because of its popularity, and to include something from ITTOD) and Achilles Last Stand. I know the former is one of Robert's all-time LZ favorites, and that Jimmy and Robert consider Achilles to be an all time LZ favorite. But I can understand why they may have wanted to drop Achilles due to how long it is. You can only include so many long songs. I felt it was great to include "For Your Life," although the key was changed so drastically that the middle sections didn't even sound like the original song in a way. It was important for them to throw something into the set they hadn't played before.