Book credits

DougH

Steve, I notice your site, as well as a few others, nicely have all these wonderful 1966-68 Yardbirds dates. Do you credit your sources for these? Nobody seems to. They are virtually ALL from my two books Jeff's Book from 2000 and Alan Clayson's Yardbirds book appendix a few years later. Nothing is from Greg Russo's later books. He merely copied my original research and took all credit for it. Nice guy. I would like to see credit for my work as it now spills out all over the internet all these years later. I spent years doing this when there was nothing before. Could you please reassure me on this? This stuff doesn't just magically fall out of the sky. Thank you very much.

18 minutes ago, DougH said:

Steve, I notice your site, as well as a few others, nicely have all these wonderful 1966-68 Yardbirds dates. Do you credit your sources for these? Nobody seems to. They are virtually ALL from my two books Jeff's Book from 2000 and Alan Clayson's Yardbirds book appendix a few years later. Nothing is from Greg Russo's later books. He merely copied my original research and took all credit for it. Nice guy. I would like to see credit for my work as it now spills out all over the internet all these years later. I spent years doing this when there was nothing before. Could you please reassure me on this? This stuff doesn't just magically fall out of the sky. Thank you very much.

No it originally comes from magazine and newspaper adverts, tour posters etc, nobody owns it, Imo it is a bit arrogant to claim credit for something not yours in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 10:06 AM, JTM said:

No it originally comes from magazine and newspaper adverts, tour posters etc, nobody owns it, Imo it is a bit arrogant to claim credit for something not yours in the first place.

I dunno, I think DougH may have a point.  Sure, the raw information is out there but locating it and organizing it in book form is a lot of work.  That time and labor deserves an acknowledgement, imo.  

Thank you Disco Duck. I think Zep Head missed the point. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours chasing this stuff down. I'm not claiming to own just having done the work no one else would begin to bother to do.

Just now, DougH said:

Thank you Disco Duck. I think Zep Head missed the point. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours chasing this stuff down. I'm not claiming to own just having done the work no one else would begin to bother to do.

I'm reminded of an annotated bibliography I prepared several years ago.  

Archived