led zeppelin

robert bray

As someone who is still fairly new to this forum and all things Led Zeppelin; a couple of things still puzzle me.

Did the music media go out of their way to antagonise the band for the lack of interaction. Rolling Stone seems to have  had issues with them (or at least that seems the case from reading comments on this forum)

I do wonder if not doing a live set for Whistle Test here in the UK was a massive mistake not at the time but now. BBC 4 re runs old sessions of many artists from Bowie, Talking Heads to Captain Beefheart. Classic appearances by the likes of Pink Floyd (Sid era), Deep Purple, Black Sabbath  all keep popping up and it is really notable now that there is no footage to show anyone watching just how magnificent they were live.

I know the agenda was come and see the band on tour if you want to see them but now no footage looks odd. The Bowie Ziggy Stardust set is especially poignant with three members now no longer with us.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:02 PM, robert bray said:

How did Led Zeppelin getaway with not releasing singles? And avoiding the mainstream media?

Led Zeppelin released 10 singles in the United States of America during their career. 

They also avoided the mainstream media because that same media saw how fast Led Zeppelin's popularity skyrocketed without the help of said media.  The mainstream media and press took umbrage to that and the fact that Led Zeppelin became almost instant International (Rock) Stars without the help of interviews, television appearances, etc...

Rolling Stone magazine was really the first to take a swipe at Led Zeppelin because their album reviewer (John Mendelsohn) gave a scathing review of Led Zeppelin's first album, Led Zeppelin

I could and should go on and on and on, but I believe that this may be a starting point in answer to your question.  If I am incorrect in my assessment, please, anyone who reads this, correct Me if I am mistaken. 

Archived