Robert Plant 1983 & A.R.M.S. 1983 - Cow Palace amateur footage

:lol: Aww  Jimmy's too cute.  Reminds me of a little kid who has a lot of excitement and
energy
:wub:

I love the crowd showing how much they had been missing him onstage.  A rough part in
Jimmy's life after Bonzo's death.  He is definitely loved by those in the audience.

Thanks for posting the vid!

I believe that is 83' as the stage set up in 85' was pretty wacky and looked nothing like the above. Plus, Robert is wearing normal clothes, by the 85' tour he was into those stupid stirrup pants which were baggy at the top and tapered down to a tight cuff at the bottom, and, the oversized belts. Argh, forget it, I am sure Plant wishes he could.

Thanks Sam, I always enjoy this era of Robert Plant's career. I'm expecting a double vinyl to arrive tomorrow from Plant's 1985 tour at Los Angeles, looking forward to propping that up on the turntable. Enjoyed watching the ARMS footage too.

Maybe it's just me, but despite all the blather Plant mentioned in 83'-85' interviews about never playing Zep again, blah,

blah, he sure slid back into the old mannerisms  in the shows I saw. Well, the crowd loved it, the caveman howls and

long sustained oohs were not eliminated. Again, the 83'-85' shows, not later on where the whole spiel was reinstated.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 21, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Cookie0024 said:

Is the RP clip 1983 or 1985?

Definitely '83 cookie.  Robert's shirt sleeves being cut off at the shoulders is the key for me.  Just like in the "Big Log" video from that same time period.  Plus his hair is circa '83 too.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 10:27 PM, IpMan said:

I believe that is 83' as the stage set up in 85' was pretty wacky and looked nothing like the above. Plus, Robert is wearing normal clothes, by the 85' tour he was into those stupid stirrup pants which were baggy at the top and tapered down to a tight cuff at the bottom, and, the oversized belts. Argh, forget it, I am sure Plant wishes he could.

Robert made a fool of himself in the 80's but he didnt seem to care; was having fun, but those clothes and haitcuts are quite embarressing today

Archived