She Just Satisfies RSD 7' Vinyl Single

luvlz2

I ordered one from Amazon, as it was not available here in the U.S. for RSD as far as I know (and I can't handle the war between real collectors and online sellers that occurs at the only record store in my area) .  Came shipped from Amazon for $14.99 in a MASSIVE box with lots of air pillows on top with the record on the bottom of the box; allowing the 45 to slide all over the place in transit and demolishing the fontana sleeve while leaving the record untouched looking.  Typical for Amazon in my experience, but they also refunded my money when i bitched, so now I just need to order a new one for the collection. The record itself sounds great through my old Bose 901's through the carver head unit. The fuzz sound on this is particularly great sounding to me right now.  I have wanted this for years on a 45 but could never find one.

I have heard a A Foggy Day in Vietnam before, that would be  a great release.  Is Page involved in those sessions? I wouldn't mind a reissue of the Scream for Help soundtrack too for that matter.

On 4/25/2016 at 2:31 PM, Darth Hoek said:

I ordered one from Amazon, as it was not available here in the U.S. for RSD as far as I know (and I can't handle the war between real collectors and online sellers that occurs at the only record store in my area) .  Came shipped from Amazon for $14.99 in a MASSIVE box with lots of air pillows on top with the record on the bottom of the box; allowing the 45 to slide all over the place in transit and demolishing the fontana sleeve while leaving the record untouched looking.  Typical for Amazon in my experience, but they also refunded my money when i bitched, so now I just need to order a new one for the collection. The record itself sounds great through my old Bose 901's through the carver head unit. The fuzz sound on this is particularly great sounding to me right now.  I have wanted this for years on a 45 but could never find one.

Although the release date is after RSD, it is listed as a RSD release. RSD link

It does sound really nice and warm on vinyl. They still have one on the shelf at one of my local record stores.

On 4/26/2016 at 2:55 AM, moonson said:

sweet, i might get one of those 45s, tho i have it already on a vinyl boot LP.

wouldn't this one be a nice option for next year's RSD ? :

https://www.discogs.com/de/John-Paul-Jones-Baja/release/4903288

i've never seen a copy of it on vinyl.

That would be nice.

Jimmy is so self conscious about singing.  His voice isn't anywhere near as horrifying as he makes
it out to be.  Actually there is nothing wrong with it.   It's just not his strong feature the way the 
guitar is.  The song definitely has that  1960s  sound/vibe  to it - if that makes sense.
:lol:    

Question are Jimmy's vocals the only one on this?  It kind of sound like a female voice is  there
in some parts.  If its only Jimmy then ha ha oh my
:blush: 

2 hours ago, KellyGirl said:

Jimmy is so self conscious about singing.  His voice isn't anywhere near as horrifying as he makes
it out to be.  Actually there is nothing wrong with it.   It's just not his strong feature the way the 
guitar is.  The song definitely has that  1960s  sound/vibe  to it - if that makes sense.

Question are Jimmy's vocals the only one on this?  It kind of sound like a female voice is  there
in some parts.  If its only Jimmy then ha ha oh my
:blush: 

Makes sense, it is Jackie DeShannon backing him up on vocals..

^^^^

Thanks a bunch luvlz2! 
:D

Yeah you're right!  The two of them around that time were quite tight; That should've
help me figured it out.  I think I'll call it me having a brain fart I guess ha-ha. 

• 1 year later...

Archived