Landover 2/10/75

drpete

From Fisheads:

***Viva La Soundboard Revolution***

Led Zeppelin - 2/10/75 Landover, Md - Previously Unreleased Soundboard - Empress Valley Label. The Soundboard Revolution Series proudly presents for the very First and Only time anywhere, a Legendary DC Area show!!  The following editions of this Ultra Rare Set are due for imminent release;

Ultra Violent Killer Droog - Extremely Ltd Ed Box Set! This 6 CD Deluxe Box with Obi includes the Landover 2/10/75 show in Complete and Perfect Stereo Soundboard and an added bonus of a wild & violent Audience source for this show to provide two completely different perspectives! !! Each CD set is housed in special paper cases with obis. The set includes three insert cards and is enclosed in an exquisite Ltd Ed box.  $220 includes shipping

Hellfire Club: This Standard Edition 3 CD set features the Complete & Previously Unreleased Landover soundboard in paper sleeve Edition!  $150 includes shipping.

I'm always real happy when a new one drops. I wonder if the audience source is new too. The available ones are pretty bad.

I think anything pre-75 would have dropped by now.....but I hold out hope someone is sitting on a cache of 70,71,72 boards. And intends to sell or release them.

I always felt that the 75 tour got cooking around 2/12 -2/16 so I feel real good about this show !!

This is very hot news, definitely did not see this one coming.  I thought the next show would be San Diego, or possibly Houston, and I thought the February boards were all dried up.  (This one still borders the existing NYC shows, so the previous pattern still holds.)  At any rate, this is an excellent show (but not as good as the NYC run), and the audience recording is rather poor, so it's definitely a great release.

Although, this show, like the Philadelphia show two nights before, has an eerie, wintry feel that I fear may be lost in the soundboard.  (Similarly, the first San Diego show has a cool, gloomy vibe that the board will unfortunately lack.)  We'll see.  I generally prefer the audience recording of the 3-17-75 Seattle show to the soundboard, at least for NQ. 

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:mellow: Come EVSD how about something good - say from 1971 or 1972?

Better yet, how about one of the Missing Seven 1977 shows?!

That's okay, though...Landover '75 is a good show, and, yeah, the audience recording leaves a little bit to be desired.

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:mellow: Come EVSD how about something good - say from 1971 or 1972?

The three years that have yielded a lot of good soundboards are 73, 75, 80. There are others here and there, and who knows when/if anything soundboard from those other years will turn up. The story you've probably read a thousand times is that someone stole the tapes (as cassettes?) from Page's house. Has that ever been absolutely confirmed by Page himself? First came the 73 boards. Some sound better than others, flat, muffled, not balanced, etc.,but I think all are worth getting for the performances. The 75 and 80 shows arrived in the mid 90s. I'm pretty sure all of the 80s boards have been released and most sound have very good sound. All of the 75 boards have been great quality, as well. After the first wave of them, I thought that was it for 1975. It's pretty exciting every time a new comes out and you wonder again, could this be the last one? I don't know if there is any strategy or pattern to the order they come out, but another exciting aspect is that they aren't being put out in order of performance quality. You never know if the next one is going to be a kick-ass revelation, or a sluggish yawn. I really have a feeling I'm not saying things that haven't been said before, but fuck it. It's still good typing practice.

20 hours ago, TMOQ said:

The three years that have yielded a lot of good soundboards are 73, 75, 80. There are others here and there, and who knows when/if anything soundboard from those other years will turn up. The story you've probably read a thousand times is that someone stole the tapes (as cassettes?) from Page's house. Has that ever been absolutely confirmed by Page himself? First came the 73 boards. Some sound better than others, flat, muffled, not balanced, etc.,but I think all are worth getting for the performances. The 75 and 80 shows arrived in the mid 90s. I'm pretty sure all of the 80s boards have been released and most sound have very good sound. All of the 75 boards have been great quality, as well. After the first wave of them, I thought that was it for 1975. It's pretty exciting every time a new comes out and you wonder again, could this be the last one? I don't know if there is any strategy or pattern to the order they come out, but another exciting aspect is that they aren't being put out in order of performance quality. You never know if the next one is going to be a kick-ass revelation, or a sluggish yawn. I really have a feeling I'm not saying things that haven't been said before, but fuck it. It's still good typing practice.

Not sure about your timeline;  the '75 boards started coming out in 2002 or 2003, not the mid-90's.  Before that, the Dallas and Earl's Court May 24th were the only circulating soundboards from '75.  And there really wasn't a "wave", there has been a very steady rate of one per year since then.  I don't follow '77, so I can't attest, but I think the spate of '77 boards came out around that time as well (early 2000's).  And the pattern for both tours, namely all released shows during this period coming from a contiguous block of the respective tours, strongly suggests that whoever is releasing them randomly lifted a block of chronologically arranged tapes, presumably from Page.  

It's interesting to note that the available '73 boards, most of which have been around for a long time, also show a contiguous pattern:  Mobile->Ft Worth, Denver->San Fran, Detroit->Seattle, and of course NYC (which have an obvious explanation).  Many of these are fragmentary (2/3 or 1/3 of the show), and Houston is a definite outlier since it only appeared in the early 2000's with the '75 "soundboard revolution" tapes, which of course also saw the new Denver->San Fran boards come to light.  (Keep in mind that the relatively recent [circa 2000] Detroit board with D&C and STH is really Salt Lake City.) 

On 4/29/2016 at 1:40 AM, Nutrocker said:

Better yet, how about one of the Missing Seven 1977 shows?!

That's okay, though...Landover '75 is a good show, and, yeah, the audience recording leaves a little bit to be desired.

You'd take a new 77 (a year we have a lot from already) soundboard over something from 71 or 72, two years in which only 2 soundboards have surfaced so far (both from NA 1971)? 

Not hatin' just surprised.

Anyway, I guess this is good news for everyone.

Great news. Keep an eye on the webs, the 6/7/77 sample of TSRTS showed up pretty quick on youtube. If we're lucky we'll get a sample song. If not this gig is a treat, have listened to it twice, and what I can tell from the good/vg- audience recording its a killer show, maybe one of the best from '75. But if they're like 2/13 and 2/14 we're in for a treat regardless. And it probably will. Crazy Heartbreaker, pretty solid from Page and Plant from end to end.

I wouldn't take the LA '77 soundboards "over" early soundboards, but I want them just as much, I agree with that statement. 

On April 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

Brilliant news, woo hoo! A good show, under-rated due to a horrible AUD tape up to now. And it fits the established pattern of releases.

Its not that bad 

6 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

I'd really love a Philly SBD from any year.

As for the missing boards Birmingham and New Orleans would be a dream.

Agreed, the '75 Philly show was excellent, at least as good as this Landover show.  (And it may very well exist.)  I assume you mean Birmingham '77, what New Orleans show are you referring to?

12 hours ago, blooze said:

You'd take a new 77 (a year we have a lot from already) soundboard over something from 71 or 72, two years in which only 2 soundboards have surfaced so far (both from NA 1971)? 

Not hatin' just surprised.

Anyway, I guess this is good news for everyone.

I would take any of the Missing Seven 1977 shows over anything, but, yeah, '71 and especially '72 are pathetically underrepresented in the soundboard stakes.

Yes Birmingham 77, Fortunately the TDOLZ  AUD tape is excellent.

5/19/77 there is not an audience or soundboard, (my bad) for Baton Rouge . I believe it was taped by the same taper as the 73 (New Orleans) and 75 (Baton Rouge) show . It exists or existed in an AUD version.

I remember reading something but cannot be sure as to what happened to the tape. So to say anything at this point would be speculation. I will search it out later. It's late or early depending how you see it. 

I would take an audience copy 5/19/77 as the 73 and 75 AUD is of extremely high quality but there ought be a soundboard .

But hey, here we are anticipating " new " Zep, from the 75 Tour. It's all good. :) 

As for 71 and 72 I have to believe someone is sitting on a bunch of boards . At least for 71.

3 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

As for 71 and 72 I have to believe someone is sitting on a bunch of boards . At least for 71.

I believe it too! Sady I also believe his name is Jimmy Page.

Yup, an early 75 show is good, I was beginning to think the 12th Feb was the earliest we'd see. Those early 75 gigs were musically very well-played, although not Robert's finest moments. Shame it's not from January with the interesting set list, but I'm glad to get anything more at this point.

It's strange that there hasn't been any photos of the upcoming bootleg releases here. I've seen a couple a few days ago on another social media site. 

I can repost some of those pics or is that sort of thing not allowed because it's a bootleg?

On 30/04/2016 at 3:18 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

Not sure about your timeline;  the '75 boards started coming out in 2002 or 2003, not the mid-90's.  Before that, the Dallas and Earl's Court May 24th were the only circulating soundboards from '75. 

Concurring with the 1975 timeline - I recall buying a bootleg cassette of a vinyl rip of Dallas 1975.04.04 SBD, and that was about 1993. That's probably why I love the 1975 boards, and also cos they've arguably the best SBD audio of any tour.

Re: 1980 boards, I bought Brussels 1980 CD in 1992. Just first 7 or 8 songs, mind. Anyhoo, roll on Landover.

Archived