Landover 2/10/75

drpete

1 hour ago, Ocean73 said:

One of the rawest Heartbreakers Ive ever heard.Love it!

True that. Hopefully it will be synced to the video one day! The audio on the video in the past was fair at best, and had some seeeeeerious speed problems on the audio. not anymore!

8 hours ago, Dirty Work said:

True that. Hopefully it will be synced to the video one day! The audio on the video in the past was fair at best, and had some seeeeeerious speed problems on the audio. not anymore!

It's been a while since I listened to the audience tape but I think those speed issues are constant with every circulating version. 

I haven't heard the soundboard yet, but i'm sure I'll get round to it eventually :lol: 

From what I've heard Roberts voice is really rough at the start of the show but does get better. A decent show as it progresses but I wouldn't listen to it in preference to keeper of the seasons or st Valentine's Day massacre.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that people hoarding soundboards may be looking for a good bid from EVSD/Godfather/Tarantura2000/Jelly Role and more (whoever are still active). Secondly, EVSD and the like may well be sitting on boards and releasing them sporadically so as not to flood the market - one or two new boards a year gives a maximum return - we freaked at 3-3-75 and 5-22-77 recent releases so it seems like good business sense to release new boards sparingly.  I hope that the releases are being dictated by groups like EVSD because we can assume they do exist and will get released eventually. 

On 5/26/2016 at 2:28 PM, Jukkin said:

I'm guessing that people hoarding soundboards may be looking for a good bid from EVSD/Godfather/Tarantura2000/Jelly Role and more (whoever are still active). Secondly, EVSD and the like may well be sitting on boards and releasing them sporadically so as not to flood the market - one or two new boards a year gives a maximum return - we freaked at 3-3-75 and 5-22-77 recent releases so it seems like good business sense to release new boards sparingly.  I hope that the releases are being dictated by groups like EVSD because we can assume they do exist and will get released eventually. 

Thing is, EVSD is NOT going to pay a fortune for soundboard tapes -or any other tape for that matter- because they know damn well that ANYTHING they put out -regardless of how rare- does not sell at anywhere near the volume that they used to. Why? Because the bootleggers know that all it takes is one guy to shell out the bucks for their product and then upload the thing onto the torrent sites making it available for free to tens of thousands of people (if not more). So, let's say in the old days, EVSD and the like us to do up 10000 copies. Those would sell. Nowadays, I doubt they'd have a hard time selling even half that amount, so they only do up 5000. Point is, the bootleggers can no longer afford to purchase tapes from hoarders or anybody else, for that matter (since these people generally expect ridiculous amounts for their tapes) because the bootleggers would have a hard time seeing a return on their investment.

Mind you, the bootleggers can be too greedy for their own good as well: when yer looking at at least three bills for a three CD set, unless it is a rare show it is hard to justify that cost. 

On 5/5/2016 at 2:57 AM, Crimson Avenger said:

This soundboard sounds very weird, like there's an auto-level control at play. On IMTOD listen to the guitar disappear when the drums come in. Are there any other rips of this show out there? I hope so, something is off on this version, anyone else hear this?

(no idea why a quote appears above, so apologies to CA)

On 5/30/2016 at 1:03 AM, Nutrocker said:

Thing is, EVSD is NOT going to pay a fortune for soundboard tapes -or any other tape for that matter- because they know damn well that ANYTHING they put out -regardless of how rare- does not sell at anywhere near the volume that they used to. Why? Because the bootleggers know that all it takes is one guy to shell out the bucks for their product and then upload the thing onto the torrent sites making it available for free to tens of thousands of people (if not more). So, let's say in the old days, EVSD and the like us to do up 10000 copies. Those would sell. Nowadays, I doubt they'd have a hard time selling even half that amount, so they only do up 5000. Point is, the bootleggers can no longer afford to purchase tapes from hoarders or anybody else, for that matter (since these people generally expect ridiculous amounts for their tapes) because the bootleggers would have a hard time seeing a return on their investment.

Mind you, the bootleggers can be too greedy for their own good as well: when yer looking at at least three bills for a three CD set, unless it is a rare show it is hard to justify that cost. 

Makes perfect sense badgeholder - I had not considered the effect of internet downloads. Maybe it will sort itself out when soundboard hoarders realize they can no longer expect very high payments. It's a shame that some soundboards may never see the light of day.

Archived