Carmine Appice Describes the "Mud Shark" Incident

Balthazor

"FYI. In the NY post article about my book ,John Bonham had nothing to do with the Mudshark incident aside from fishing . The post wrote he was a ring leader . That is not true and not what was written my book FYI ..john was a Friend and should not get credit for something he did not do ." - Carmine Appice (Facebook) 

Just now, dalsh327 said:

"FYI. In the NY post article about my book ,John Bonham had nothing to do with the Mudshark incident aside from fishing . The post wrote he was a ring leader . That is not true and not what was written my book FYI ..john was a Friend and should not get credit for something he did not do ." - Carmine Appice (Facebook) 

Well good for Carmine... I thought that part looked a little fishy.. 

The one thing all these stories of debauchery have in common is a single name...Richard Cole. Not saying he was the only one responsible but, we all know a guy like Richard, know the type. Get in with the rich, famous, popular, stir the shit and watch what happens. Instigator would be the word I would use. I don't know why some people like this guy, sure he was fun but I don't really see anything positive he contributed unless I am missing something. Plus, it was Richard who brought the infamous John Bindon into the Zep camp in 77'. John Bindon in 77' would be akin to taking Sammy "the bull" Gravano on tour as security officer. Bindon ran with both the Kray Bros and the Essex Crew during the 60's & 70's.

Other than being dead, why hasn't someone came forward claiming she's the infamous fish
broad?  It's the late 60s,  Zep are in town and lucky girl gets a fish and Richard Cole.  What a cool
claim eh?!? <---SARCASM.  The story is gross and very F A K E sounding.  Groupie folklore I guess.

Cole?  Speaking of wormy,  skeevy,  louse Richard Cole.  I've never read his book, but it likely has
some truth to it.  Zep weren't exactly a religious Amish bible band or regulars on The Lawrence
Welk Show
,  however Cole goes over the top.  Every chapter sounds the same.
"Zep drank this
much booze, did these drugs,  got laid by these girls after this gig and Bonham threw this TV
out of this window." 
Repeat.

I think the crappiest thing is how Cole paints the guys.  Poor Bonzo is a barbarian lunatic drunk
who is whipping his manhood out,  while he grunts,  punches,  burps,  farts and destroys hotel rooms.
He makes Robert sound arrogant,  cocky and pompous.  Then there's Jimmy.  Cole brands Jimmy
the musical genius and brainchild behind all things Zeppelin - but he's also a mysterious,  aloof,
heroin junkie,  who keeps his kinky toys tucked away in a suitcase,  and pulls them out when he's
ready to use them on the girls that circle outside his hotel room.  Lucky for Jones he's not
mentioned as much.  Cole was close with them at one time,  but wow did he burn that bridge.  He's
a damn sell out.

Bindon? I agree.  He should have never been put on the payroll.  I don't know if the ending in
1980 would have turned out differently,  but Oakland would not have been the mess that it
was.

22 minutes ago, KellyGirl said:

Other than being dead, why hasn't someone came forward claiming she's the infamous fish
broad?  

Would you?

23 minutes ago, KellyGirl said:

The story is gross and very F A K E sounding.  Groupie folklore I guess.

Probably not.

Newsflash!  Led Zeppelin were a Rock n Roll band who pursued and lived a Rock n Roll lifestyle.

And not just because Richard Cole was there.

1 hour ago, KellyGirl said:

but he's also a mysterious,  aloof, heroin junkie,  who keeps his kinky toys tucked away in a suitcase,  and pulls them out when he's
ready to use them on the girls that circle outside his hotel room. 

for what its worth I dont think much of that isnt true :lol:  I could discuss it all but I am too lazy to type :rolleyes: during the later years of zeppelin they really got overzealous with the debauchery. as much as im sure everyone would love to think the highest of them since they were such wonderful musicians, im sure they have their fair share of detestable actions, sadly probably even robert and jonesy.

2 hours ago, KellyGirl said:

broad?

It said in the story that she called into a radio talk show that Appice was on, and she said she had a family and was living in Alaska. My big question is: does her husband know she's the mud shark girl? Imagine having that conversation. The "how many past partners" conversation is often uncomfortable enough as it is, it's got to be exponentially weirder when one of those partners was a shark!

3 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Would you?

Newsflash!  Led Zeppelin were a Rock n Roll band who pursued and lived a Rock n Roll lifestyle.

Hi there Badgeholder Still! I'm going to say nope I would not brag if I was that girl. She got
the really low end of the groupie encounters.

Oh yeah they sure did party hard!
:yesnod:

1 hour ago, sk8rat said:

for what its worth I dont think much of that isnt true :lol:  I could discuss it all but I am too lazy to type :rolleyes: 

That's okay sk8rat you don't have search out stuff! :) Most of it's already out there. I should
say those were not my actual words. Those were things I had read from others who had read
the book. I was paraphrasing. They worded some other stuff,  but probably not fitting for the 
demographic on this board.

38 minutes ago, Balthazor said:

Imagine having that conversation. The "how many past partners" conversation is often uncomfortable enough as it is, it's got to be exponentially weirder when one of those partners was a shark!

:lol:Yeah awkward does not even come close. I think the reason why I'm skeptical about it, is
because nobody has cashed in on being that girl.  But like Badgeholder Still has said if I was
that person would I be going around shouting that from the roof tops? Nope. Maybe for the right
price she shows her face? It's already been close to 50 years so likely not haha!  Do I care? No
I'm just making talk on the Zep board while at work.
:banana:

Seriously no one thinks this woman has been paid off? You don't need to write a tell all memoir....many celebrities have quietly settled rape suits.

As for Robert being arrogant and Jimmy mysterious...sounds pretty accurate to me...

Just now, ScarletMacaw said:

Seriously no one thinks this woman has been paid off? You don't need to write a tell all memoir....many celebrities have quietly settled rape suits.

It is just as likely that she decided hanging out with debauched rock stars wasn't fun anymore and it was time to do something else with her life.  

On 03/05/2016 at 4:41 PM, IpMan said:

Plus, it was Richard who brought the infamous John Bindon into the Zep camp in 77'.

Bindon may have entered the Zeppelin orbit by way of Cole, but his now-infamous presence (no pun intended) on the '77 tour was because of Peter Grant, who turned up on that tour with the aforementioned Bindon in tow, which nobody expected nor requested... and it all went south from there.

On 03/05/2016 at 11:38 PM, KellyGirl said:

I think the crappiest thing is how Cole paints the guys.  Poor Bonzo is a barbarian lunatic drunk
who is whipping his manhood out,  while he grunts,  punches,  burps,  farts and destroys hotel rooms.

Bindon? I agree.  He should have never been put on the payroll.  I don't know if the ending in
1980 would have turned out differently,  but Oakland would not have been the mess that it
was.

I wouldn't trust a word Cole says on anything - the best thing Peter Grant did was booting him off the over Europe tour -  but Bonzo was no innocent on tour; many of the stories of his mayhem did happen... he did punch people for no reason, put bricks through windshields, total hotel rooms, attempt to sodomize a poor stewardess on board Caesar's Chariot in '77, and consumed enough blow to keep the Bolivian economy afloat for years!

With regards the Oakland incident and Bindon's involvement/responsibility in it; again, Bonzo was the first to attack the employee when he saw him supposedly manhandle Warren Grant (which he didn't), it was then Bindon in an unrelated episode who smashed another employee's head on concrete until said employee was out cold, then the real  event happened... and that was mainly because both Bindon and Cole were egging on Grant, asking him if he was gonna take that and so forth, and a drug-crazed Grant took the bait.  Bindon was a central figure but not the ringleader, although there's no doubt his presence on that tour made a bad situation worse, but half the band and most of the road crew and their manager were off the deep end and out of their minds on booze and blow by that point anyway.

Archived