Great! To whoever is interested and is actually planning on attending this event, well, all I can say is 'Have Fun!' and 'To Each His Own'. :peace: 

Personally, I would think 10 times before spending bucket loads of money on tickets, travel and boarding arrangements. 

I would rather spend $10 to $30 for a ticket to see a younger band that I love at a more intimate venue (like Radio Moscow, Graveyard, Blues Pills, Dorothy, etc.), than see older bands and artists, who seem to be at the fag end of their careers. 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Shows what we know!  The weekend was so popular they added a SECOND weekend to keep up with ticket demand!

I actually expected it to sell out in a flash...go back and read my earlier post. So this news doesn't surprise me in the least.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Shows what we know!  The weekend was so popular they added a SECOND weekend to keep up with ticket demand!

As usual, it doesn't show anything - except A LOT of disposable income.  Guess the economy isn't as bad as said by some loud mouths. :rolleyes: Oooops!

I still wouldn't pay it, but then again, I'm in the middle of building our dream home for Christ's sake! ;)  :thumbsup: 

6 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Lots of people want to relive their youth or maybe just enjoy seeing these artists as they are now.  For those going, I hope they enjoy it!

For Neil, is it Neil and Crazy Horse, or just Neil doing accoustic stuff?

The adverts say Neil and Promise Of The Real, which likely means that he'll be shoving his new Monsanto bashing songs down the audience's throat with a half hour long version of "Down By The River" thrown in for good measure...

Quite frankly, I'd prefer the Horse, but who wouldn't?

If you are going to Desert Rip, camping might be your best option. Rooms appear to be sold out across the Indio valley...what rooms are left are going for $500-$600 a night.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

If you are going to Desert Rip, camping might be your best option. Rooms appear to be sold out across the Indio valley...what rooms are left are going for $500-$600 a night.

How many people is capacity at the venue for these shows, if you have any idea?

1 hour ago, Walter said:

How many people is capacity at the venue for these shows, if you have any idea?

If it's the same as the Coachella Festivals I have been to, estimate around 70,000 per day. That's 210,000 per weekend...420,000 total.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Not sure how true this is, pretty scant on details, but here ya go. 

Led Zeppelin Reportedly Turned Down Invitation to Play Desert Trip Festival

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/led-zeppelin-turned-down-invitation-to-play-desert.html

Good to see Plant sticking to his guns. 

What I'd like to know is, if -god forbid- something were to happen to one of the performers in this lineup who would be their replacement? I wonder if the organizers of this Geritol-influenced wingding have considered that? NONE of these artists are exactly spring chickens anymore, and given how this year has gone so far, anybody could go at anytime between now and October...

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

^^Cool Strider!

Yes, cool photo, Strider.  And thanks for posting the article, luvlz2.  I would love to be there (although I might be with the crowd seeking shade).  I might have even tried one of the yoga classes. ;) 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived