Have you heard about Hotel Zeppelin?

Have you heard about Hotel Zeppelin?

They bill themselves as a:  "San Francisco Boutique Hotel"

I found Hotel Zeppelin while I was driving around San Francisco last Tuesday, April 19th, 2016, night.

Hotel Zeppelin might be an infringement Led Zeppelin Copyright & Music Publishing Rights because "Zeppelin" is in their name and "The Song Remains The Same" was playing on the Hotel Zeppelin sound system.

5732d78cb5e00_HotelZeppelinSign.thumb.jp

5732cd26e7e6d_hotelzeppelinexterior01.th

5732cd2847bb2_hotelzeppelininterior01.th

5732cd29a4775_hotelzeppelininterior02.th

5732cd2d8ae26_hotelzeppelininterior03.th

5732cd2ee76a4_hotelzeppelininterior04.th

20160419_202046.thumb.jpg.18d3242f74b1ef

20160419_201419.jpg

I very much doubt there's any copyright infringement here. The word Zeppelin is not the property of the band. As for the music on the sound system as long as the hotel has paid for their license they are pretty much free to play what they please.

Cool hotel though!

30 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Indeed man, but they couldn't change to the Knobs Hotel....... could they?

I suppose if their prices are extortionate one could say it is an Hotel for Knobs be it of the rich or the head.

On 5/11/2016 at 0:49 AM, babysquid said:

I very much doubt there's any copyright infringement here. The word Zeppelin is not the property of the band. As for the music on the sound system as long as the hotel has paid for their license they are pretty much free to play what they please.

Cool hotel though!

I called ASCAP but their membership is private.  I did not call BMI.

The awsome lobby and bar were quite crowded.

Would you stay @ Hotel Zeppelin?

it is possible (and likely) that the name was inspired by the band. I think that it was only recently opened within the last few months. the though popped into my head that maybe they were inspired to name it that because with the fire escapes on the front of the building it slightly resembles the cover of physical graffiti.

their target market is followers of the counter culture and as we all know, they had a very heavy presence in the 60's and 70's so there is also that connection.

regardless, even though it is an upscale hotel, I think its pretty tacky. 

I just saw this on their facebook (coincidentally I am listening to stairway to heaven right now :blink:). I think the only thing that is iffy is the font they used on the logo. its kind of close to the led zeppelin logo so I think that is really the only thing that they could get pegged for.

sdfghjvbn.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived