Listen to Train Cover ‘The Lemon Song’

The Pagemeister

Thanks for the links "The Pagemaster".  Pat Monahan really does some justice in singing the songs. I checked to see what he was like doing Zep live and it's not too bad. I like some of Train's music, so I'll definitely buy this album, along with some official Train albums. 

If the 2 songs are any indication of what Train's Zep album will sound like, then personally I think Train sounds more like Zep. I guess the studio recording/mixing helps in doing Zep tunes justice. As for live, from what I saw online, I'd take the Black Crowes with Page live over Train. I do like them both singing Zep. 

I though the Great White's Zep cover albums wasn't too bad either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Train was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and performed Heartbreaker.  They performed it note for note to the Led Zeppelin II version. A very good performance. 

The only members I recognized were the singer and bassist. There was a different drummer and two new guitar players. Video will probably show up on youtube within the next couple of days.

Who are Train, are they the same band that was around in the mid/late seventies, when they toured the clubs in the UK they had to call themselves American Train...Same band or not, anyone know...

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Who are Train, are they the same band that was around in the mid/late seventies, when they toured the clubs in the UK they had to call themselves American Train...Same band or not, anyone know...

Train has probably been around since the late 1990's, I'm guessing.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:47 AM, JTM said:

No. This is a different Train. This Train sprang from corporate rock hell in the late-90s. They are responsible for two of the worst, insufferably lame songs ever..."Soul Sister" and "Drops of Jupiter". 

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

No. This is a different Train. This Train sprang from corporate rock hell in the late-90s. They are responsible for two of the worst, insufferably lame songs ever..."Soul Sister" and "Drops of Jupiter". 

Oh dear me, Just checked on You Tube, Five seconds of "Soul Sister" was more than enough, that definitely is not the (American)Train I saw a few times in the mid 70's.... Thanks S.

edit....Blimey, "Jupiter" is even worse....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived