Vinyl

anniemouse

I am searching the online sties for copies of Led Zeppelin II onwards. Any tips about getting decent copies at reasonable prices. Looking at the plum label versions I suspect they are way out of my price range.

I think the reason why I am in two minds about vinyl purchases is that I actually like the idea of owning an older pressing. Not for investment purposes though. It is quite a shock seeing the prices of the plum labels though.

I would pass on this, especially because of the postage cost to the USA. If you just want to listen it's probably OK but if you were more interested in a display piece you should pass.

• 3 weeks later...

Right got a few Zeppelin LP's on new vinyl but got LZ II off Ebay. Really decent cover and sleeve and disc loos clean as well. Orange and green label and a K400037-A and a mark as the matrix number.

Also got some old vinyl Robert Plant LP's but I suspect they don't have the collectable mystique.

Odd thing happened yesterday. I was out for lunch with a mate and although record stores hit the dust many years ago in my local area we came across one of those indoor markets (Official and rather high end products for the most part).  One appeared to be selling cd's  and then my mate pointed at a box full of vinyl. After looking though it fell of everything from Janis Joplin to The Beatles I purchased a brand new copy of Houses of the Holy. Although he had around 30 LP's he had LZ II and LZ IV as well. So someone has hired an official space on the market instead of renting a shop and all the usual expenses that entails.  

I know some of you have access to some great independent retailers but for me I was so thrilled to just look through vinyl like I did in my teens.  

On 6/16/2016 at 3:14 PM, anniemouse said:

Right got a few Zeppelin LP's on new vinyl but got LZ II off Ebay. Really decent cover and sleeve and disc loos clean as well. Orange and green label and a K400037-A and a mark as the matrix number.

Also got some old vinyl Robert Plant LP's but I suspect they don't have the collectable mystique.

Some nice Robert Plant picture discs out there to be had on ebay. I'm trying to get things I missed getting in the past. For some reason I never got Unledded on vinyl so I bid 53 dollars on ebay for a used one over the weekend but lost, immediately afterward I saw a brand new one for 60 dollars so I swooped up on it, it's an import though.

• 1 month later...

Comparing Discogs and Ebay, ebay seems to be more of a simpler way of buying, Discogs has so many different different things listed about things that can go wrong with an order its kind of a turn off.

• 3 weeks later...

Certain Robert Plant vinyls like Dreamland and Mighty Rearranger go for high dollar amounts on ebay. I guess vinyls of Dreamland were limited to 2,000 copies, still, the prices being asked are quite high, too much imo. Fate of Nations vinyls start at around $78 last I looked. If you didn't get any of these vinyls when they first hit shelves you are going to pay good dollar for them. From the prices I seen I'm talking Dreamland and Mighty Rearranger more than Fate of Nations. Still, $78 is still a good dollar amount for Fate of Nations but hey if you really want one...

Coverdale Page vinyls start at around $62, but I have seen them go for a little less on ebay auctions.

Archived