One Minute Mosaic (critique my demo snippets)

Some cool stuff there but I agree with Reswati - you need to pay more attention to the vocals and the timing of them. Remember that as a vocalist you are singing notes - and each articulation becomes an accent that places the note in time -- you are missing strong articulations on your phrases and this causes your vocal lines to sort of drift in time (but not in a good way).  The effect is taking a guitar line and slightly moving it on time so that nothing is on the beat --- you don't want that -- you want your vocals to have anchor points.  But there's lots of cool stuff there - you just need to be more self critical of time and timing. 

Thanks for the feedback.  And yes, I agree (I can do more to accentuate and syncopate my delivery).  While I have a fairly decent range, I have trouble with going from one end of the scale to the other in an instant, which is something I need to work on.

Longer snip-its would  help but I don't hear anything wrong with the vocals. I can accept them as someone's expression. Ultimately, it's up to you which rules and formulas you need to employ in order to translate your ideas to music. I wouldn't get too hung up on what others think unless you're OK with your music sounding like somebody else's expression.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:47 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

Longer snip-its would  help but I don't hear anything wrong with the vocals. I can accept them as someone's expression. Ultimately, it's up to you which rules and formulas you need to employ in order to translate your ideas to music. I wouldn't get too hung up on what others think unless you're OK with your music sounding like somebody else's expression.

I pretty much agree with this. As long as you aren't egotistical and you rationally analyze yourself you should be able to critique yourself enough in the right areas so that you can improve where you feel you need to improve and therefore will create something you feel satisfied with personally. Sometimes when people give you advice it's a little bit biased based off of personal tastes.

Archived