Song Remains the Same 1976 TV Spots from 16mm film

• Administrators

I've uploaded The Song Remains the Same TV commercials from my 16mm film reel, which I transferred to VHS years ago. (It's an old transfer). Contains a one minute edit & 30 second version.

I remember seeing the film trailer during previews for another movie I was seeing at the time at an early matinee, but I do not recall if this was on TV or not. What I remember from the trailer is that my 8 year old brain thought it looked like some horror movie trailer, thus placing my fragile little mind in quite a state since I was familiar with the band. Thank god my older brother was there to explain this shit to me. At eight you think bands play music and actors act, so this really freaked me out. I believe it was a showing of The Marathon Man that showed TSRTS trailer.

11 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I've uploaded The Song Remains the Same TV commercials from my 16mm film reel, which I transferred to VHS years ago. (It's an old transfer). Contains a one minute edit & 30 second version.

What a thrill it must have been to be presented with that first glimpse of JPJ on horseback amidst the tombstones.  

9 hours ago, bcarter690 said:

Along the same theme...

TSRTS BILLBOARD.jpg

Cliff Raven Tattooing was at 7524 W. Sunset Blvd, so this is about 10 to 15 minutes (30 blocks) east of The Rainbow, and two blocks South of Hollywood Blvd.

On 28/05/2016 at 3:54 PM, SteveAJones said:

Cliff Raven Tattooing was at 7524 W. Sunset Blvd, so this is about 10 to 15 minutes (30 blocks) east of The Rainbow, and two blocks South of Hollywood Blvd.

I have a different address listed for Cliff Raven Tattooing. 8418 Sunset Blvd, near Kings Rd intersection.

• Administrators

It was right across the Hyatt hotel on Sunset. The LZ IV billboards were on top of the Whisky, Houses of the Holy (shown below) was across the Hyatt, as were Physical Graffiti, Presence and CODA. I haven't seen one for In Through the Out Door.

1973-hoth_BILLBOARD_SUNSETBLVD_LZCOM.jpg

This is an alternate pic of the Houses of the Holy billboard that we used in the HOTH SD box set book. This one shows the overall location better.

The same TSRTS billboard location below can be seen across the road from Robert Plant's suite at the Continental Hyatt House. The billboard was leased by Ryan Advertising agency.

robert-plant-hyatt-house-sunset-strip-go

Continental Hyatt House is now known as Andaz West Hollywood, located at 8401 Sunset Blvd.

On May 29, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Versus said:

The same TSRTS billboard location below can be seen across the road from Robert Plant's suite at the Continental Hyatt House. The billboard was leased by Ryan Advertising agency.

robert-plant-hyatt-house-sunset-strip-go

Continental Hyatt House is now known as Andaz West Hollywood, located at 8401 Sunset Blvd.

We stayed at the Andaz a few years ago.  It is a beautiful hotel with a lovely pool area. 

Sam, the commercials are great, thanks for posting!  I don't remember seeing them on tv back in the day.  I lived in Virginia at the time, wondering if they were only played in certain areas of the country.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, badgeholder said:

Post the one on the Whiskey for IV, would love to see that

Actually, it's been in the photo gallery for a long time:

billboard_LA1972.jpg

and we used this one a while back for LZ IV remasters:

lziv_billboard.jpg

I've got the 'Presence' one in the archives too.

Archived