Does anybody know what Magic Mike looks like?

I think Mike is alive, I mean I know a lot of great people who say he's alive, so I think he's alive.  Only crooked Zeppelin "fans", and I don't think they really are fans at all, would say he's not.  Let's make Zeppelin great again and defend the right to say he's alive!  

12 minutes ago, Walter said:

Oh don't sell yourself short, you're trying to be a very big douche! ;) 

I was going to say he doesn't have to try, it comes naturally. 

I like your answer too :) 

2 hours ago, Strider said:

magicmike0002.jpg

Well that explains how he was able to capture such stunning performances.

"Excuse me sir is that a micropho...oh, sorry, my mistake. BTW, that thing looks like a baby's arm holding an apple for chrissakes!"

HE WAS NEVER CALLED MAGIC MIKE  !! mike m recorded almost every show at LA,LB,and surrounding venues from 70 to 77 ,he only gave up his tapes in trade for cocaine,the rest he never let out (probably 50 + shows),and were still in his room when he committed suicide .I think he jumped off a  hotel ledge in pasadena.His mom wouldnt let anyone have his tapes after he died either ,what a shame .

49 minutes ago, TheGreatOne said:

As I said on first page - All Hearsay and 2nd to infinity hand information.   Cocaine trading in the mail ?  Jumping off a Hotel ledge would surely be published in newspaper and on micro-film , not to be found at all. 

Who knows, if he did the deed on a news day with a big story, it may indeed not have been reported. Either that or it was a small ledge, he sprained his ankle, went to hospital where he caught a staph infection and died. 

On 6/8/2016 at 4:52 PM, TheGreatOne said:

Absolutely nothing on micro-film for LA Times, Long Beach Gazette. Glendale News, nor the official California Death Records archives which costs money

HE WAS NEVER CALLED MAGIC MIKE  !! mike m recorded almost every show at LA,LB,and surrounding venues from 70 to 77 ,he only gave up his tapes in trade for cocaine,the rest he never let out (probably 50 + shows),and were still in his room when he committed suicide .I think he jumped off a  hotel ledge in pasadena.His mom wouldnt let anyone have his tapes after he died either ,what a shame .

theres an article on kernelmag.dailydot.com the tragic tale of a legendary concert taper-mike millard

Yes, absolutely lovely and beautiful looking tapes.  Very neatly organized and sharp penmanship I must add too.   Not sure if that was under dispute or debate.   It should not be all that hard to add names into an Ancestry site, just like it's not hard creating a new account here and just diving into this thread ;)

That site also says " Husband of " and "Father of"

Not sure why that dailydot.com  is mentioned a lot, it's a kinda recent article and not a creditable news source.  It looks like the site pays people to write articles and like a blog.  The guy who wrote that is from the U.K. and also did an interview not long ago regarding the Stairway lawsuit.

Edited by TheGreatOne

On 6/9/2016 at 8:52 AM, TheGreatOne said:

Absolutely nothing on micro-film for LA Times, Long Beach Gazette. Glendale News, nor the official California Death Records archives which costs money

There wouldn't be on obit in any of those newspapers unless someone paid to publish one.

In the State of California, authorized copies of vital records can only be obtained by the individual named on the record, parents of the individual named on the record, and certain other individuals or entities specified in law.  All other requestors can only obtain informational copies.  All copies issued are “certified copies.”  

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/CertifiedCopiesofBirthDeathRecords.aspx

I think that is with a lot or all states to get official records, but I'm assuming the Death Index, 1940-1997 is different and limited to general information.

I had a co-worker died alone in his apartment and there was no Obituary or no family in the same state, but there is record in the State index for a fee

Edited by TheGreatOne

The picture of the dude a couple of posts above can be found easily when you search Mike
Millard images.  Anyhoo the link the picture is associated with opens up to a web a page
called geni.com.  A family tree web site of some sort.  The  picture represents somebody by
the of name Mike (Millard) von Halle.  It also says he has a wife by the name of Barbara née
(Meacham)

Millard was Mike's fathers first name.  I suppose he could have used his middle name as
a last name within a 'trading' circle,  but the wife card has never been mentioned with him.

Edited by KellyGirl

On 6/14/2016 at 2:58 PM, KellyGirl said:

The picture of the dude a couple of posts above can be found easily when you search Mike
Millard images.  Anyhoo the link the picture is associated with opens up to a web a page
called geni.com.  A family tree web site of some sort.  The  picture represents somebody by
the of name Mike (Millard) von Halle.  It also says he has a wife by the name of Barbara née
(Meacham)

Millard was Mike's fathers first name.  I suppose he could have used his middle name as
a last name within a 'trading' circle,  but the wife card has never been mentioned with him.

mike was never married

ok i will try to  track down a guy who used to wheel mike into the concerts ,he will tell you mike is long dead ,i was heavily involved in bootleg industry since knowing vicky from anaheim ,a store called beggars banquet,infamous for getting busted back in 1970s 

he lived alone with his elderly mother ,never married ,when friends asked to have access to his room ,mom refused (if i knew his tapes still were in his room ,i would risk prison to break in to his old room)

suicides are rarely posted in obits ,not something you want relatives friends to know about