Godfather Label Question

Jimmywalnutz

Has this label changed it's name or is the whole operation defunct?

My buddy says they are now called Eat A Peach but the product I've seen and heard from Eat A Peach is not even close in quality to what Godfather has produced in the past.

I'm a few Godfather releases from a complete run of Led Zep  releases and have a feeling that I will pay dearly for them.

I have no idea if they are Godfather successors but the sound quality of them is better because there's no heavy EQ anymore. In fact, many of latter Godfather titles were also released in that way and I am much satisfied while having some of them in my collection. I wish all the labels to do the same job as my ears simply cannot stand that heavy tweaking and unnatural sound presented on most of boot titles.

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2016 at 1:35 AM, zepster1979 said:

I have no idea if they are Godfather successors but the sound quality of them is better because there's no heavy EQ anymore. In fact, many of latter Godfather titles were also released in that way and I am much satisfied while having some of them in my collection. I wish all the labels to do the same job as my ears simply cannot stand that heavy tweaking and unnatural sound presented on most of boot titles.

AMEN! Several of their titles are ruined by excessive noise reduction. Drag Queen of New Orleans could have been the best because the EQ was really good, but the NR ruined it for me.  A very trusted source told me Eat A peach is the old Godfather. 

PS. The worst offender in the excessively EQ'd dept is Beelzebub. Atrocious remastering, except oddly for a couple titles (their title Absolute Hysteria - Boston 1970 is the best I've heard) . Their Vienna 73 is the worst I've heard. Most suck . It's very easy to waste a lot of money on bootlegs. That's why I stick to torrent sharing sites for live Zep and if its something that is really outstanding sonically and packaging -wise then I'll drop the coin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived