Need help finding source of L.Z. quote please?

Well, I'm having memory issues, i'm pretty sure I read this quote somewhere because its too good/clever for me to have come up with on my own.  I cant find it on any Google searches.  I paraphrase:

"The Beatles and the Rolling Stones had a gang fight in a parking lot, and Led Zeppelin won!"

From whom is this quote please??  Thank you guys!

2 hours ago, borrowed time said:

Well, I'm having memory issues, i'm pretty sure I read this quote somewhere because its too good/clever for me to have come up with on my own.  I cant find it on any Google searches.  I paraphrase:

"The Beatles and the Rolling Stones had a gang fight in a parking lot, and Led Zeppelin won!"

From whom is this quote please??  Thank you guys!

The quote is from Lisa Robinson, sourced here in an article by Creem staffer Jaan Uheleszki, published in Creem May 1975.  Not sure if Robinson wrote it in an earlier issue of Creem or some other mag or whether it was something said to her by Uhelszki (they were sisters in arms on the rock beat).  I think it was spoken because I can't find it in any column written by Robinson, who was more of a gossip columnist than a rock writer/critic.  Uhelszki was based at the Creem offices in Detroit, where the vast mass of teenage America in the 1970s was as visible as anywhere else, hanging out in strip development parking lots, downing beer and 'ludes, cranking the Zep and dodging the cops. Midwest parking lot. Here's the full passage (the last paragraph is sheer triumph -  Jaan!):

"Led Zeppelin moves in strange ways. Sure they're gutsy, ballsy, and flamboyantly aggressive, always spiked with a lot of eroticism, but they're also cerebral...by way of the glands. They have this unique ability to wind you up and prime you for a full-throttled tilt. You rocked, you rolled, and oh mama those juices flowed � but you also listened to the words. 

Surprisingly, in an era where disposable bands and itinerant musicians constantly play a game of musical chairs, Led Zeppelin is a unit � the same four members for the past seven years. Their longevity is due to a kind of magnetism, magic if you will. That rare chemistry was evident even at their first rehearsal, where they fit together like jigsaw pieces, transcending their common R&B backgrounds to achieve a gut-wrenching new synthesis. Lisa Robinson describes it as a case in which "the Beatles battled the Stones in a parking lot and Led Zeppelin won." Zeppelin make more noise, has more guitar gimmickry, more sexuality, more flash, and generates more violence than any of their competitors, so that they are more than mere musicians, simple superstars. They have become the longest-lasting model for those culturally bankrupt �trendies� to follow. Underage masses walk, talk, dress and dope like Zep. They have become a necessary trapping for the terminally hip, as well as providing the audial backdrop for any social gathering. 

A Led Zeppelin album is like a select invitation to a key club of rock 'n' roll, where the kohl eyed gypsy Jimmy Page is finally accessible through his smoky guitar solos. Robert Plant preens and moans, lusts and longs for lost memories...and takes you along. Like a sonic vortex, Zeppelin draws you into their private caprice, spiraling, coaxing your willing psyche into a suprasensory haven where you can taste and savor this dream stuff that superstars thrive on. This is not pop music, but a harder stuff, more heady and potent, like a round of whiskeys and coke. Zeppelin are avatars in a cultural vacuum.
" 

Hahaha. I have had Lisa Robinson's quote as my tagline for ages. It first appeared in Lisa Robinson's cover story on Led Zeppelin's 1973 U.S. Tour in the September 1973 issue of CREEM. "Led Zeppelin Destroys the US!"

Archived