Greetings

Hello, my name is Adam and I am a relatively new fan of Led Zeppelin. I had heard the well-known tunes for a while on the radio, but only became a serious fan a few years back. To tell you the truth, I'm not a metalhead (I like Cream and the first Jeff Beck group, but Deep Purple and Black Sabbath not so much). The reason why I like Zeppelin is their varied music. It's not like all their songs sound the same. I look forward to being a part of the forum and meeting all the fellow Zep fans here.

5 hours ago, the confounded bridge said:

Hello, my name is Adam and I am a relatively new fan of Led Zeppelin. I had heard the well-known tunes for a while on the radio, but only became a serious fan a few years back. To tell you the truth, I'm not a metalhead (I like Cream and the first Jeff Beck group, but Deep Purple and Black Sabbath not so much). The reason why I like Zeppelin is their varied music. It's not like all their songs sound the same. I look forward to being a part of the forum and meeting all the fellow Zep fans here.

Welcome to this awesome forum dedicated to Led Zeppelin.  I have been a fan of Led Zeppelin for 32 years. 

Check around a search on Youtube for "live" Led Zeppelin.  In my opinion, the best way to discover and learn about Led Zeppelin is to read as much as you can about them and definitely listen to the myriad of bootlegs of Led Zeppelin, from the very first LZ bootleg from Spokane, Washington to the very last show in Berlin, Germany. 

For example, this is one of the greatest and most appreciated bootlegs in Led Zeppelin history.  I hope you enjoy. 

Thanks kingzoso. Most of the live Zep I've listened to has been official (mainly The Song Remains the Same and RAH 1970) but I'm interested i getting into unofficial recordings. While I have read up on Zeppelin around the web, I would like to buy a book (or perhaps a few) about the band's history. Which book(s) on Zeppelin is/are the best?

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, the confounded bridge said:

Thanks kingzoso. Most of the live Zep I've listened to has been official (mainly The Song Remains the Same and RAH 1970) but I'm interested i getting into unofficial recordings. While I have read up on Zeppelin around the web, I would like to buy a book (or perhaps a few) about the band's history. Which book(s) on Zeppelin is/are the best?

I own and have read over 25+ books about Led Zeppelin and have read all these books at least 5 times over the course of 20 years or more.  I know that there a at least a dozen more that have been published in the past 10 years or so that I have not read (but will). 

I will admit that the book that started me off on this magnificent journey was "Hammer of the Gods".  Reading "Hammer of the Gods" and listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin bootlegs at the tender age of 13 years have definitely made me the Die-Hard Led Zeppelin Fan that I am and really changed My Life for the Better. 

... And what is wrong with that? 

On 6/27/2016 at 9:17 PM, the confounded bridge said:

Welcome to the best music forum on the web. I will put a list of Zeppelin books to check out for you

Archived