Led Zeppelin amp settings

Juani

On 7/3/2016 at 9:29 AM, Juani said:

Hi, I am trying to set up my amp on led zep sound, and some help will be nice from my zep friends =)

It really depends on what amp you're using and the guitar was well. What kind of amp do you have?

Yup -- totally song, amp, and guitar specific -- also production specific - a lot of the tones had to do with mic placement and exist only in the studio environment. The other thing is that often people's subjective ear lies to them about what they think jimmy's guitar sounds like -- he's way LESS heavy than you perceive it usually. Just listen to the rocking out section of Stairway carefully -- it's not what you think it is.  The biggest mistake is people tend to over distort or saturate their guitar when playing Zeppelin when they should do the opposite.

Yep, and I think you can turn the treble to 10, here's my configuration, I'm using an Amp sim (my Guitar go through Focusrite and Reaper)

Image2.jpg

I was using a bit too much Drive on the demo, you might want to put it around 4-5. To not get jumpscared turn the volume down, it might suprise you haha, it was just a test you can hear me trying to get the right note on the intro of SIBLY ^^

https://soundcloud.com/klape/test-lz-sound/s-V4D7u

Think about using the 4 knobs of your guitar as well ! I was using a Gibson SG special.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/3/2016 at 6:29 AM, Juani said:

I am trying to set up my amp on led zep sound, and some help will be nice from my zep friends =)

I can go on forever as far as guitars and gear, 

but for the amp, basically get a British sounding amp!

I've personally played through Marshall DSL40 and Fender Champion 100 and they sound good. A marshall tone would be perfect. 

I go for more volume than gain. An Echoplex pre-amp pedal would give it a really cool Jimmy Page like tone. EQ all dialed in at 6 and sometime treble at 7

• 1 month later...

If you have an actual amp, you have to use what you've got, but if you record with an amp emulator I would try an older 1968 Marshal Super Lead Plexi.

Master volume as loud as you can stand, gain at maybe 5, Bass Mid and Treble at 5, 6, 7 respectively. A decent over-driven electric bass sound goes a long way in adding depth to a song, which is why Page sounded bigger than he was, as previously stated by DogsoverLava.

Archived