Looking for singer for Stairway Cover

DogsoverLava

• 1 month later...

Hi Matjaz1 -- just wanted to let you know that we went with two local vocalists on this project.  Thanks for sharing your tracks with us. I particularly enjoyed the photos you posted in your videos of you visiting the Zeppelin sites.  I used to live in the UK and never visited any Zeppelin sites the years I lived there (though a friend was staying with RP while I was there we could never hook up).  I had another friend that worked for George Martin at the time too (1994) and I was just too busy to visit -- today I kick myself for both missed opportunities.

I also really enjoyed your version of Dekle moje pojdi z menoj It's great to Hear Slovenian music.

I hope it all goes allright. Especially if you are in a big city, you might find a few more, don't know about your standards, hope we hear the final results,

everybody with good intonation can sing it, it just sounds different, more or less loud, different tone and so on!

Just to put things in perspective retrospective, as it is an old band, it would probably be just as good saying, that rarely someon can sing it like Robert Plant, it's all just a fact man, why not say it, but that makes it perfect for bugging, as of why are you saying this and how good do you think you are and so on.

It's a delicate topic, hampered by a ten year old discussion, which was simply about whether I can sing it(at least at times then) 

while having low confidence and not about being aware it might be something really good(even my teenage wishes to succed, were not based on thinking I am an amazing musician and it was a wish to escape from a world in which I did not function at all) and who that supposedly makes you or will make you in the future.

I don't know if you were around at that time, but just for a bit of a memory.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole project is being made into a web based tutorial called "The Stairway Project" and will go online in a few months. Here's a mastered version of the first local vocalist I worked with.  She was the most amateur of the vocalists but I really fell in love with her interpretation of the song. She sang fearlessly and with lots of heart and dynamic control giving the song an almost existential quality.  I'm posting this for you guys to hear as a preview.  When the whole project is complete I'll make sure to let you know and post the links to the other versions.

Archived