Fox News Rock and Roll

PineappleAva

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

They play snippets of a LOT of cool rock songs on there - as long as they give the artist credit (which they do), no lawsuit is applicable.

Why the "horror"?  Afraid of a little conservatism? 

More like afraid Zeppelin would be associated with such a hack media outlet like Fox News.

8 hours ago, IpMan said:

More like afraid Zeppelin would be associated with such a hack media outlet like Fox News.

Give me a break, bro.  Every other network covers for your precious party and its lying, national security endangering, resume full of impressive titles with no accomplishments or negative accomplishments candidate, sorry you don't have universal media solidarity.  Besides, political stuff is supposed to be off limits here.

Put this aside and let's get back to pondering why Jimmy's been saying "this is the year" for 13 straight years.  ;)

1 hour ago, mstork said:

Give me a break, bro.  Every other network covers for your precious party and its lying, national security endangering, resume full of impressive titles with no accomplishments or negative accomplishments candidate, sorry you don't have universal media solidarity.  Besides, political stuff is supposed to be off limits here.

Put this aside and let's get back to pondering why Jimmy's been saying "this is the year" for 13 straight years.  ;)

Sounds good to me, I am tired of trying to enlighten the willfully blind anyway.

7 hours ago, mstork said:

Nobody brought politics into this discussion until you and 4 posts earlier did.   

On 7/19/2016 at 2:14 PM, IpMan said:

Fox News has been the cable news ratings leader by a wide margin for ages. Politics aside, I have no problems with Led Zeppelin being associated with winners. :)

8 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Just confirms that there's a lot of idiots out there. :)

Here and there....  

Ages?  Really?  

Btw, it's a news channel who fuck cares?  

Get out of the house and get a life.....

4 hours ago, Balthazor said:

Fox News has been the cable news ratings leader by a wide margin for ages. Politics aside, I have no problems with Led Zeppelin being associated with winners. :)

Very true, however as history proves, it is much easier to hate than it is to love. It is easier to lay blame than it is to accept responsibility. So much easier it is to destroy than it is to create. 

To the OPs original posting:

this could be another one of those "pay one price to a gigantic music publishing house, and you have access to all the music it controls".  Just saying, it could be that way.  Also, I have heard Zep in Cadillac commercials and others in the last few years, so if they still control the music, maybe they are loosening the reigns a bit for beer money!

On 7/19/2016 at 7:57 AM, Stryder1978 said:

They play snippets of a LOT of cool rock songs on there - as long as they give the artist credit (which they do), no lawsuit is applicable.

Why the "horror"?  Afraid of a little conservatism? 

No doubt.  I love how all the left-leaners grandstand about freedom of speech and expression, then get their panties in a wad when it comes to stuff like this. 

That's one of the (many) things I love about Zeppelin, they were about as non-partisan as a rock band could be. In an era when virtually every rock band was preaching politics in their songs, Zeppelin steered clear of all that. What tiny little bits of it may have crept in paled in comparison to what many of their peers were doing. Even today, when so many celebrities feel it necessary to pontificate about their politics, you never hear anything from Page, Plant or Jones.

On July 21, 2016 at 0:52 AM, IpMan said:

Very true, however as history proves, it is much easier to hate than it is to love. It is easier to lay blame than it is to accept responsibility. So much easier it is to destroy than it is to create. 

Amen brother.

As was discussed on here a couple of years ago, Jimmy once said quite openly that he'd voted for Thatcher ('not just for lighter taxes', either) - so he's hardly going to be fussed about Fox News!  

On 8/8/2016 at 3:01 PM, Balthazor said:

That's one of the (many) things I love about Zeppelin, they were about as non-partisan as a rock band could be. In an era when virtually every rock band was preaching politics in their songs, Zeppelin steered clear of all that. What tiny little bits of it may have crept in paled in comparison to what many of their peers were doing. Even today, when so many celebrities feel it necessary to pontificate about their politics, you never hear anything from Page, Plant or Jones.

I thank you.

Archived