Ross62

TEMPLE OF THE DOG – FEATURING CHRIS CORNELL, STONE GOSSARD, JEFF AMENT, MIKE MCCREADY, AND MATT CAMERON – REUNITE TO TOUR FOR FIRST-TIME EVER

Temple of the Dog — the Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron(who plays drums with both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) — has reunited and will tour for the first time ever since forming in 1990. The band will play five cities, Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle, in November.

A special ticket pre-sale for fans signed up to the Ten Club, Soundgarden, and Chris Cornell email lists begins immediately and runs through July 27th. Tickets will go on sale to the general public at 12:00 PM local time on Friday the 29th. $1.50 from each ticket sold will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation and an additional $1.50 will benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

http://www.templeofthedog.com/temple-dog-reunite-tour-first-time-ever/

What about Eddie Vedder? He was involved as well. I loved TOTD, they were a great band which grew out of the ashes of Mother Love Bone after the death of Andrew Wood. Eddie Vedder came in to do a couple of songs and once the album was done, Cornell went back to Soundgarden and Vedder became the vocalist for Mother Love Bone 2.0, better known as Pearl Jam.

Either way, I will be looking forward to this.

On 7/21/2016 at 3:22 PM, IpMan said:

What about Eddie Vedder? He was involved as well. I loved TOTD, they were a great band which grew out of the ashes of Mother Love Bone after the death of Andrew Wood. Eddie Vedder came in to do a couple of songs and once the album was done, Cornell went back to Soundgarden and Vedder became the vocalist for Mother Love Bone 2.0, better known as Pearl Jam.

Either way, I will be looking forward to this.

The "Temple of the Dog" album is newly mixed by Brendan O'Brien and comes after a long legal battle over the "Temple of the Dog" album's master recordings.

Temple of the Dog's Chris Cornell said that they wanted to do one thing they never got to do, and this is to play shows and see what it feels like to be the band they left 25 years ago, Consequence Of Sound reported.

Cornell also said that Temple of the Dog was about making an album simply for the joy of doing it and they were not concerned if anyone would listen to it. He added that the upcoming "Temple of the Dog" album is the first and maybe the only stress-free "Temple of the Dog" album they made; something that no one has ever heard of.

Meanwhile, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder is not listed among the members taking part in the "Temple of the Dog 2016" tour, though he is originally part of the band. Temple of the Dog fans will witness the lineup of Cornell, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, Mike McCready and Matt Cameron, with hopes that Vedder may show onstage at one or more of the shows, Zumic reported.

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/34924/20160722/temple-of-the-dog-2016-us-tour-pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-not-joining-25th-anniversary-benefit-tour-tickets-available-july-29.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 7:43 AM, The Pagemeister said:

On 11/5/2016 at 6:28 PM, TypeO said:

Is that Stone Gossard on lead?
He really nailed the solo.
And that's one of Page's greatest solos.

100% TypeO approved.

Say what? I don't hear a thing, TypeO. The lawyers must have been quick on this one, hehe.

Anyway, most of you know I'm a picky bastard when it comes to reunions. I don't fall for easy nostalgia and especially disdain obvious cash grabs.

But this is one reunion I can definitely get behind. I'll be there tonight at the Fabulous Forum.

Wow. What a setlist at the Forum last night!

With only one album to their name, I figured Temple of the Dog's set would be padded out with some songs from Mother Love Bone and perhaps Pearl Jam and Soundgarden cuts. Well, I was right about Mother Love Bone...about 3 or 4 songs made the set from the late Andrew Wood's band. But no Soundgarden or Pearl Jam songs. Instead, there were a lot of cool covers and tips of the hat to the dearly departed.

Free, Syd Barrett, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson, Led Zeppelin, The Cure, and Black Sabbath...you never knew which song they were going to pull out of the hat. Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" was the most predictable and while Led Zeppelin wasn't that unexpected, the song choice, "Achilles Last Stand", was...most bands stick with "Rock and Roll" or "Whole Lotta Love". They played a slightly edited version...the second half of the song post-solo was condensed...and Matt was nowhere near the beast that Bonham is on the song. Chris also muffed the lyrics a bit...instead of "air above the din" he sang "air above the wind". But it still rocked and whenever you see a large band attempt to play ALS it just makes you appreciate even more what Led Zeppelin were able to do with just the four of them.

But the two most out of left-field gems of the night were Harry Nilsson's "Jump In the Fire" and the Cure's "Fascination Street". Those came totally out of the blue and put a big smile on my face.

Chris Cornell sang better than I have heard him sing in quite some time.

Enjoy!

Still no Eddie Vedder sightings on this tour. Some people hoped he might show up at the Forum but if there's any show he will appear at it will be the closing nights of the tour in Seattle.

Check it out TypeO...some more of the Forum show:

On November 15, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Strider said:

Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" was the most predictable and while Led Zeppelin wasn't that unexpected, the song choice, "Achilles Last Stand", was...most bands stick with "Rock and Roll" or "Whole Lotta Love". They played a slightly edited version...the second half of the song post-solo was condensed...and Matt was nowhere near the beast that Bonham is on the song. Chris also muffed the lyrics a bit...instead of "air above the din" he sang "air above the wind". But it still rocked and whenever you see a large band attempt to play ALS it just makes you appreciate even more what Led Zeppelin were able to do with just the four of them.

That was fun to listen to, thanks for sharing, Strider!  I agree that the drummer was not the beast that Bonzo is on Achilles Last Stand.  Especially with LZ songs, my ears always listen for the drums.  Bonzo on the drums is so energetic, artistic, melodic, so interesting it always commands my attention and brings huge grins and large smiles to my face.  It would be hard to imitate that special touch that Bonzo adds with his drums, although I have been pleasantly surprised a time or two.  With that said, I applaud Temple of the Dog for playing this song and for having the stamina to make it through the song with a high level of energy.  Great job!!  You are spot on that it makes you appreciate more what LZ could do with just the four of them. :o 

3 hours ago, The Rover 75 said:

Thanks for sharing, it may not have been perfect, but playing "Achilles" still quite enjoyable, what a great song that is. The only other band I could see attempting that would be Heart, as they are huge Zepheads.

What about Tool or Phish?

• 3 months later...

Archived