Little Things You Don't Like About Led Zeppelin?

I don't like some of Robert's ad libs, if I'm being honest. Like with "Rain Song" .. here's this beautiful song of love, great vibe going on with Jimmy playing this gentle, tender stuff .. Robert sings "it isn't hard to feeeeeeeel me glowin ..." then feels the need to add "FEEL IT". Robert, you swine (Jane, you ignorant slut). Put your cock away for this one song, bruh.

I actually find it more amusing then bothersome. But thought I'd share anyway. 

On 4/24/2017 at 3:26 PM, porgie66 said:

I hate when Robert says  " feel it!!!" after ..." it isn't hard to feel me glowing" in 1975 versions of the Rain Song.  Always make me go ... 

Oh damn, I just posted this same exact thing without reading the whole thread first 😂😂

Well, we're of one mind with that one, haha

On 1/26/2022 at 7:55 PM, 1975NQ said:

I don't like some of Robert's ad libs, if I'm being honest. Like with "Rain Song" .. here's this beautiful song of love, great vibe going on with Jimmy playing this gentle, tender stuff .. Robert sings "it isn't hard to feeeeeeeel me glowin ..." then feels the need to add "FEEL IT". Robert, you swine (Jane, you ignorant slut). Put your cock away for this one song, bruh.

Yeah, some of his oversexed moments can be a bit much. Not enough to where I hate them or can't listen to the songs, but enough to where I'm like, "Okay, Bob. We get it. You're horny. Thanks for sharing."

On 1/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, 1975NQ said:

Robert's Rick James, cocaine moments for sure. Once he quit the coke he never made those ridiculous ad libs and Plantations again. He still did his between song banter but he pretty much stopped the 14 year old stuff.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Robert's Rick James, cocaine moments for sure. Once he quit the coke he never made those ridiculous ad libs and Plantations again. He still did his between song banter but he pretty much stopped the 14 year old stuff.

Honestly, I think that was less drugs and more ego. He was always pretty arrogant, but we wouldn't have him any other way lol. Without that arrogance/ego, he'd be someone different.Just like Elvis and Sinatra before that. I've seen him say the cringiest stuff to female interviewers well into the 80s and 90s ... Robert's gonna Robert lol. With Zep, he was at his most testosterone-fueled and horny. That "I'm a Golden God" shtick he did for the 75 RS interview was absolutely for the fans to read, mainly the female ones. He knew exactly what he was doing, feeding the myth. Plus, cocaine  💯

But yeah, hearing him say that "FEEL IT" line is so cringy and just makes me chuckle. It's like Jesus dude, take a knee.  😂😂

1 hour ago, 1975NQ said:

Honestly, I think that was less drugs and more ego. He was always pretty arrogant, but we wouldn't have him any other way lol. Without that arrogance/ego, he'd be someone different.Just like Elvis and Sinatra before that. I've seen him say the cringiest stuff to female interviewers well into the 80s and 90s ... Robert's gonna Robert lol. With Zep, he was at his most testosterone-fueled and horny. That "I'm a Golden God" shtick he did for the 75 RS interview was absolutely for the fans to read, mainly the female ones. He knew exactly what he was doing, feeding the myth. Plus, cocaine  💯

But yeah, hearing him say that "FEEL IT" line is so cringy and just makes me chuckle. It's like Jesus dude, take a knee.  😂😂

Definitely a Spinal Tap moment. Robert in interviews was always a cheeky sort with the ladies, Mr. Double Antandre himself with the sly smile and a wink. If he tried that today...OYE! 

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Definitely a Spinal Tap moment. Robert in interviews was always a cheeky sort with the ladies, Mr. Double Antandre himself with the sly smile and a wink. If he tried that today...OYE! 

Haha yes indeed. There's a great Zep interview from 75 that always reminds me of Spinal Tap. I listened to it a lot in high school. The interviewer asks Page to please use the radio's station name in his greeting, which would be pre-recorded for later play throughout the day. Page goes "How do you say WQSR? Oh, you say it like that." Classic.