Things You've Heard From The Audience?

MortSahlFan

It's been ages since I heard it so I may be wrong but thinking it was Tampa 73 a fight breaks out and you hear some girl yelling for her boyfriend to either stop or because he was getting roughed up. 

Someone mentioned a gasp. I swear there's a point in one of the 69 Boston Tea Party shows you can hear it. I always wondered if that was the show the band was referring to that it went so well and the head banging on the stage started. 

Listening to the 7/24/79 Copenhagen show while driving in traffic yesterday and, I think it's just before Stairway, someone close to the mic sneezes - loudly - which about made me jump out of my skin! :lol: 

Seattle: 1972-06-19,  Moby Dick

The guy recording the concert deadpans directly into his microphone:  "I hate drum solos.  I hate them.  Hate 'em a lot." ~7minutes in.

The best part is that he recorded the whole song any way.

Edited by inesta

Guest Shenouda5252@gmail.com

On listen to this Eddie right before over the top / moby dick there's a guy threatening to beat the shit out of someone.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:33 PM, juxtiphi said:

End of dazed 7-18-73

Person 1 "He's really playing very well this evening"

Person 2 "ahh, erratic, but really great at the beginning"

Person 1 "eh!"

Person 2 "Yeah really great at the beginning"

Person 1 'yeah"

I've always thought this was highly amusing.  Despite its well-known problems, Vancouver '73 is actually a very good night, on par with much of July '73.  These guys near the taper are acting like they're surprised Page is putting on a good show.  Whatever, I guess they have high standards in the Great White North.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:45 AM, Sticks of Fire said:

7/21/69 Central Park.  During the HMMT medley plant is getting into the Lemon Song and a guy shouts out "You squeeze too hard..." Both Plant and the audience cracks up.   To which Plant responds, "...if you squeeze as hard as that, there ain't gonna be nothing left for tomorrow..."    

9/16/70-Boston.   During the Let That Boy boogie segment, some guy yells out, "...come on do it, do it..." to which Plant responds "....I do it every night..." and they launch into the song and tear the place apart.  

8/15/70 Yale Bowl.  Too many funny comments to recount here.   During the Dazed bow segment a friend of the taper says "...it sounds like the Twilight Zone..."

Montreal 1975 has a ton of funny comments too.  

The most annoying thing has to be Detroit "73 where the guy sings right into the mic during The Ocean.   And Cleveland '77 I think the guy says "Boring" during the middle of Mobt Dick.  

Right on about the guy singing during The Ocean in Detroit '73, what an asshole.  Towards the end of Moby Dick in the same show (presumably as the rest of the band is getting ready to come back on), someone near the taper says "Page looks bored".

Artie and the boys in NY '75 are hilarious, love those guys.  I seem to recall at Nassau 2-13-75, during NQ someone keeps yelling "ice cream" or something similar.  It's audible on the SB a well.  WTF?  The tapers at Montreal '75 are also entertaining, esp. the barrage of belches as STH begins.

The all-time classic is the taper at Cleveland '77 (I think the 28th) who blandly states "Oh Fuck" at the beginning of STH.

13 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Artie and the boys in NY '75 are hilarious, love those guys.  I seem to recall at Nassau 2-13-75, during NQ someone keeps yelling "ice cream" or something similar.  It's audible on the SB a well.  WTF?  The tapers  

Its the ice cream vendor making his rounds,  I love hearing that because makes me feel like I'm there.

Edited by juxtiphi

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

''SIT DOWN!'' Tampa stadium 1973 during No Quarter.

This seems to be a popular phrase to scream at the LZ concerts.  

Because standing at a concert is so obnoxious.  But screaming like a mad man during a song is not.

:o 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

June 11, 1977

After Sick Again someone says "This is fantastic".  The way he says it is as if he really thinks it is fantastic but he wants to sound cool, like he is not too into it.

Same guy before IMTOD.  He starts telling his friend that Jimmy is going to play White Summer, probably because he is getting out the Danelectro for Dying Time.  Then just before the song starts he corrects himself and says it is "something else".