Happy Knebworth Day

Pilot of the Storm

Man I wish I was the was there, not even born like a bunch of fan :(

If someone know the exact time the concert started (the 2nd date (11/08)) , it can be funny to launch this video of the full concert and tell yourself," exactly 37 years ago, that's what was happening !" and get depressed :P

14 hours ago, Pilot of the Storm said:

If memory serves me, I think both concerts started just after 9pm (GMT)... but the memory fades with age!!! :elvis:

Yes at least the first day did. And what a day it was. Funny I was talking to a mate yesterday and I said it was a warm sunny day in contrast to the dreary weather of yesterday. 

I remember the day completely. Todd was great the rest of the line up was really poor. We stayed to the end and like many missed our coach back to Manchester. Slept on the M1. Had to get a mates dad to pay our train fare home. A wonderful, wonderful day.

On 4 August 2016 at 6:33 PM, Pilot of the Storm said:

Just popping in (I'm still around ya know) to send greetings to all Knebworthonians that were there 37 years ago today :wave:

Thanks. The years have flown by but I always remember the anniversary and always bore the kids by making sure I remind them where I was all those years ago. 

Blimey, this time 37 years ago "Me 'n Her" were watching ''Chas and Dave'' do their Cockney knees up....Apart from the headliner "Utopia" was the highlight even though they did not do "Singring  and the Glass Guitar"..... biggest disappointment was "The New  Barbarians" . Zeppelin came on very late, close to 10 pm. I thought they were good but not great, who would have thought at the time that it would be their last ever performance on a British stage (partial reunions inc O2 don't count)....Overall a long tiring but great day...

3 hours ago, JTM said:

Blimey, this time 37 years ago "Me 'n Her" were watching ''Chas and Dave'' do their Cockney knees up....Apart from the headliner "Utopia" was the highlight even though they did not do "Singring  and the Glass Guitar"..... biggest disappointment was "The New  Barbarians" . Zeppelin came on very late, close to 10 pm. I thought they were good but not great, who would have thought at the time that it would be their last ever performance on a British stage (partial reunions inc O2 don't count)....Overall a long tiring but great day...

Went to the first one man - I think you know that anyway. Yeah Todd didn't do Singring either on the 4th. Have tapes of Todd from both days. 

Archived