Led Zep Tweets

Walter

The title says it all.  There are bits and pieces of news items that come up from time to time, that don't necessarily fit in any current threads.  So I, and anyone else who would like, will post any news bits that are interesting to our favorite subject to dissect - Led Zeppelin.

Here is a pretty cool one I saw earlier today tweeted by Led Zep News and Eddie Kramer:

Enjoy!

35 minutes ago, Klape said:

That's so cool ! I didn't know over the hill and far away was at first many many times .. glad they change the title !

I didn't either.  I like how The Crunge is "The" Crunge too!  Adds a little emphasis, no?  Probably an inside joke between them in the studio, I would guess.

I know there are a lot of Peter Green fans on here.  His famous Les Paul, named Greeny, was sold recently to Metallica's Kirk Hammett.  It took an interesting coaxing from a certain guitarist from Led Zeppelin to get Kirk to make it happen....

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

What's the scoop and story behind How Many More Times mixed with Houses Of The Holy tracks ???    Is this a possible re-mix or newer version never released ?

Is this the original title for Over The Hills ?

What in the world are you on about? It clearly says on the box "Many Many Times", a reference to the lyric of "Over the Hills and Far Away". Nothing to do or about "How Many More Times".

On 8/23/2016 at 6:50 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

I guess when most rock stars reach a certain age, they start ragging on Zep. Probably because they come to realize the cold reality that they'll never be as good.

Exactly, Sath! I guess the phrase 'sour grapes' is in order, here? 

And it looks like he did a total 180 degree turn. Calling Zep plagiarists one day and then, praising Jimmy, the next! All I can say is 'Make up your damn mind, sonny!'.

22 minutes ago, Strider said:

What in the world are you on about? It clearly says on the box "Many Many Times", a reference to the lyric of "Over the Hills and Far Away". Nothing to do or about "How Many More Times".

Originally It looked like there was not enough room to write in that small space to fit HMMT and shortened it, but Over lyrics crept into my head and realized it was the original title.    But still, is this a version we never heard of.   With the latest re-issue releases and the wacky names they used and they are different version, it's making me assume this is a version we never heard of yet

11 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

Originally It looked like there was not enough room to write in that small space to fit HMMT and shortened it, but Over lyrics crept into my head and realized it was the original title.    But still, is this a version we never heard of.   With the latest re-issue releases and the wacky names they used and they are different version, it's making me assume this is a version we never heard of yet

It says "Master" and "remix" on the box which leads one to assume it is the final master tape for "Houses of the Holy". The song titles would be changed later but looking at the date on the box (September 17, 1972) and how the songs are in the correct order and it is actually labelled "Side 1" and timed is more evidence to me this was the tape used for the album. There is even a notation that says "cut on Neumann system".

The band started their 1972 Japan tour shortly after this and debuted "The Campaign" aka "The Song Remains the Same" in the arrangement we all know and love. Which means they were well-versed in the song, having just laid it down on tape. After that was the 1973 Winter UK tour and then the 1973 European tour. There would have been no time to go back in the studio for any length of time for more recording.

No. All signs point to "Houses of the Holy" being signed, sealed, and delivered on September 17, 1972. Side One at least. ;)

Archived