Hello There

California Evermore

I'm new to the forum.  Thanks for having me.  I  love Led Zeppelin.  Their music brings me joy and takes me to mysterious places.  I love the mystical elements of their music. 

I am a couch picking guitar player and I wouldn't dare play for anyone other than the family and the dog.   I have a 1998 Peavey Wolfgang Special (USA) and a small 40 Watt  Fender amp.  I would like to get another guitar soon.  I really love the warm, rich sounds of a Gibson.  I'm thinking about an SG Standard.  I love the Les Paul, but it's a bit much for my 45 year old back.  

I love all types of music.  With all apologies, I just don't feel country music, though I do appreciate some of the older artists of that genre.  Outside Zep, I love Van Halen.  I'll say with confidence that I really do prefer the Sammy Hagar years.  They were such a tight, professional act with Sammy from 1986-1996.  My favorite newer artists are The Avett Brothers and the Alabama Shakes.  I am also big Grateful Dead fan.  It was only recently that I connected with their music, but I really connected.  I love Dead and Company.  Man, John Mayer is a master guitarist, and I really love Oteil Burbridge on bass.  Those guys have really injected some youth and vigor into the Dead classics. 

Well, that's probably enough out of me.  I hope to get to know you good folks through the forums.  Peace...

11 hours ago, California Evermore said:

I'm new to the forum.  Thanks for having me.  I  love Led Zeppelin.  Their music brings me joy and takes me to mysterious places.  I love the mystical elements of their music. 

I am a couch picking guitar player and I wouldn't dare play for anyone other than the family and the dog.   I have a 1998 Peavey Wolfgang Special (USA) and a small 40 Watt  Fender amp.  I would like to get another guitar soon.  I really love the warm, rich sounds of a Gibson.  I'm thinking about an SG Standard.  I love the Les Paul, but it's a bit much for my 45 year old back.  

I love all types of music.  With all apologies, I just don't feel country music, though I do appreciate some of the older artists of that genre.  Outside Zep, I love Van Halen.  I'll say with confidence that I really do prefer the Sammy Hagar years.  They were such a tight, professional act with Sammy from 1986-1996.  My favorite newer artists are The Avett Brothers and the Alabama Shakes.  I am also big Grateful Dead fan.  It was only recently that I connected with their music, but I really connected.  I love Dead and Company.  Man, John Mayer is a master guitarist, and I really love Oteil Burbridge on bass.  Those guys have really injected some youth and vigor into the Dead classics. 

Well, that's probably enough out of me.  I hope to get to know you good folks through the forums.  Peace...

Dude, great post and welcome to the club! We are brothers from a different mother!

On 8/12/2016 at 6:30 PM, California Evermore said:

Thanks, Charles.  I'm Robert, by the way.  I'm ready to get this conversation started.  I'd love to hear about your musical interests and why you are a big Zep fan.  I already love this site. 

I'm a big everything fan really - I love Zep to bits, but I love all kinds of other stuff as well - some of it would shock most people because it's a bit off the beaten path or whatever the fuck that saying is

On 8/14/2016 at 1:28 PM, Strider said:

Howdy Robert! Are you California-born? It says you live in Kentucky so I was curious where your California love came from? Hope you enjoy the highways and byways of this site.

Hey Strider, thanks for the welcome.  I have family in California.  I spent three months there last Summer and fell in love with the place.  I plan on relocating when my son graduates high school in 2017.  I felt an instant connection with each part of the state I visited. 

Archived