Meeting forum members in the flesh

LedZeppfan1977

Its so difficult sometimes to meet people and friends we make here     I have had the honor to meet two fabulous people in Strider and EBK.   In reverse order.  On two different coasts, very far apart.  I hope to see them both again and to meet more that I know.   I thank them both for helping me out in towns I had never been to.  If any of you have stories do share them.  I have a long flight home today.  SF to Philly non stop and then to Rochester

Yeah, I am usually leery of meeting people from the internet...many of my women friends have told me horror stories...but I have had good luck with all the Led Zeppelin Forum members that have been gracious enough to meet with me.

Ledzepfvr, Texas Melanie, jb126, ebk, planted, Angie...and now LedZeppfan1977.

Two of my dearest pals on the forum, Deborah J and Kiwi Zep Fan 67 are #1A and #1B on my bucket list of people I would like to meet. Our football pool crew is also on the list: Paul, Walter, jabe, in_the_evening, redrum and the gang. The Led Zeppelin Live 1977 fanatics nutrocker and Sue Dounim have always interested me.

And our webmaster Sam, of course.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Yeah, I am usually leery of meeting people from the internet...many of my women friends have told me horror stories...but I have had good luck with all the Led Zeppelin Forum members that have been gracious enough to meet with me.

Ledzepfvr, Texas Melanie, jb126, ebk, planted, Angie...and now LedZeppfan1977.

Two of my dearest pals on the forum, Deborah J and Kiwi Zep Fan 67 are #1A and #1B on my bucket list of people I would like to meet. Our football pool crew is also on the list: Paul, Walter, jabe, in_the_evening, redrum and the gang. The Led Zeppelin Live 1977 fanatics nutrocker and Sue Dounim have always interested me.

And our webmaster Sam, of course.

53141-Hi-I-Exist.jpg

;)

I've stated before, why not again?
I met the headman Sam and Dandu when SSS performed their second live show ever in Birmingham, 2012. We chatted it up for probably 30 minutes or so and my wife snapped a couple of pics of us.
Great to meet and spend a bit of time with fellow forum members for sure.

Lots of other folks here I would like to meet as well!

Well, there are four people from the forums, who I would really love to meet in person. The first person on my bucket list is Strider and the second person on my bucket list is Sath! :wave: 

I've been friends with Strider for more than 5 years now and I've been friends with Sath for around 3 years and honestly, it will be a pleasure to spend at least a couple of hours visiting! B) I can't say that I will be meeting these guys within the next couple of days or weeks or next year, but I can definitely say that a meeting is on the cards! I'm seriously going to make it happen. 

The other two that I would really love to meet are Big Dan and Res, if I visit Europe! :) 

^^^ henrybonzo, I don't blame you!  If I ever get the opportunity to meet Jimmy, I would have to be banned from this forum for all the bragging I would do. :D 

Btw, it would be cool to meet many other forum members, but (let's be honest) nothing would compare to meeting Jimmy. ;) 

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well, there are four people from the forums, who I would really love to meet in person. The first person on my bucket list is Strider and the second person on my bucket list is Sath! :wave: 

I've been friends with Strider for more than 5 years now and I've been friends with Sath for around 3 years and honestly, it will be a pleasure to spend at least a couple of hours visiting! B) I can't say that I will be meeting these guys within the next couple of days or weeks or next year, but I can definitely say that a meeting is on the cards! I'm seriously going to make it happen. 

The other two that I would really love to meet are Big Dan and Res, if I visit Europe! :) 

I'm going to hold you to that P, if you ever make it over! ;)

On August 17, 2016 at 8:56 AM, henrybonzo said:

sorry, i just use any opportunity to brag about it! :)

Your location certainly played into your luck.  Much more difficult to meet a member of LZ in the USA.  Good for you.   I would love to meet Page or Plant.  Back in the day it would have been unreal.  As for members I have only met two as I said.  EBK (Esther) and Strider.  I have talked to one other that I wont mention and some of you may not know him anyway?  All of the "oldies" that have been around since the O2 reunion will for sure.  There are a few that I cannot help wondering about?  I mean, if they are still living?  Some have dropped off and never returned.

If any of you find yourselves in the Phoenix area it would be a pleasure for me to be your host. Now that me and the wife are empty nesters, this big ass house needs some life. We are looking to move either to Flagstaff or upstate NY (Saratoga Springs) next year, once we do, that door will always remain open to the forum group as well.

14 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

I'd love to meet 99.9% of you.....

Please come say g'day if you're down this way :)

I've met Reggie29,  Amazonic, Grant Ventura,  Shadow Blue and of course my sweetie loadseppelin :)

99% of me is okay with me.............that will save you from looking at my toe nails, lol.

Archived