Meeting forum members in the flesh

LedZeppfan1977

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 8:23 PM, jabe said:

Great photos Dd and Strider. Thanks for posting them.

Strider, you sound and appear like the ultimate gracious host.  Bravo!

I will admit that I have "bagged" on Strider in the past, but I will also admit that he seems like a very nice and cool person.  I really do not know what he thinks of me, from what I have ever posted in the past, but I would like to meet the man if the chance ever happened. 

I really hope that he reads this and if he happens not too, I ask that someone forward this post so that it is possible that this comes to his attention (somehow). 

12 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I will admit that I have "bagged" on Strider in the past, but I will also admit that he seems like a very nice and cool person.  I really do not know what he thinks of me, from what I have ever posted in the past, but I would like to meet the man if the chance ever happened. 

I really hope that he reads this and if he happens not too, I ask that someone forward this post so that it is possible that this comes to his attention (somehow). 

I have no problem meeting anybody. I was hoping to meet Dallas Knebs at the recent ELO shows but it never came to fruition. I guess he couldn't get out of work in time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have met many from the forum over the years both here in the UK and when visitng the USA. Many of us are now good friends in real life, lots of us have met at Plant shows down the years again both here in the UK and across the Atlantic.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is ever in Wigan and i am not doing anything, I would be delighted to meet fellow fans. I have lost touch with most of my friends who are fans. There is nothing better than talking about our favourite band and speculating on what might or might not happen in the future.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2016 at 2:21 PM, IpMan said:

If any of you find yourselves in the Phoenix area it would be a pleasure for me to be your host. Now that me and the wife are empty nesters, this big ass house needs some life. We are looking to move either to Flagstaff or upstate NY (Saratoga Springs) next year, once we do, that door will always remain open to the forum group as well.

I sent you a personal message.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 5:50 PM, Sathington Willoughby said:

53141-Hi-I-Exist.jpg

;)

I know, right? LOL

On 8/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

I hung out with Deborah J a couple times. She's got an awesome pad up in the North Georgia mountains, full of great zep gear of course. 

We met at the Them Crooked Vultures show in Atlanta - great show.
Back in the days before nice smartphone pics, some kind of slider phone I had.
I'm even uglier now, if you can believe it, LOL.

021100_230000.JPG021100_225500.JPG

5 hours ago, TypeO said:

I know, right? LOL

We met at the Them Crooked Vultures show in Atlanta - great show.
Back in the days before nice smartphone pics, some kind of slider phone I had.
I'm even uglier now, if you can believe it, LOL.

021100_230000.JPG021100_225500.JPG

Nice! Haven't seen Deborah round the forums lately, she got some new job iirc.

On 9/12/2016 at 7:09 PM, Strider said:

Great photos Dd! Thanks for the kind words...it all applies double back to you. You are the very definition of "Southern charm and hospitality". Once again, I have been very fortunate to meet such great people through this forum.

I just wished I hadn't cut my hair just before I found out you were coming...I look like Uncle Fester.

Ah yes, the pancakes! Hahaha. Deb and badgeholder, they aren't just huge, they are monstrous! I can't even get halfway through them. Rick, if you are reading this, this is The Griddle place I mentioned. They have about 20 different flavour variations...I had the raspberry and lemon pancakes and I believe Dd had the espresso and chocolate chips.

Dd is a great music fan so it was a treat to dig through records with her at Amoeba and show her the Rock Walk of Fame at the Guitar Center. There was more we could have done but time was short. The weekend flew by...it was the same problem when Rick visited.

So much to do. So little time.

If there is 1 dude I want to meet in person from this Zeppelin forum it's Strider - He has this sort of swagger that really impresses me, he just kinda rolls with it and doesn't let anything get him down. He really has his life together which I envy - for those of us with self-doubt we all wish we were Strider.

2 hours ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

If there is 1 dude I want to meet in person from this Zeppelin forum it's Strider - He has this sort of swagger that really impresses me, he just kinda rolls with it and doesn't let anything get him down. He really has his life together which I envy - for those of us with self-doubt we all wish we were Strider.

Hey don't get the wrong idea...I appreciate the kind words and if I ever get back to Canada I'd like to meet ya'. But 'swagger' is hardly a word I would use to describe myself. I do try to roll with the punches and make the best of what life gives me, but I'm hardly Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. I'm more like Goofy.

And, Clinton P., I have moments of self-doubt all the time. I just do a good job of hiding it from other people.

Anyone ever comes to Perth in Western Australia, give me a yell! The luckiest part of the Lucky Country. I emigrated here 8 years ago from Beatles territory in England. So me and the missus always welcome any waifs and strays :) 

12 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Anyone ever comes to Perth in Western Australia, give me a yell! The luckiest part of the Lucky Country. I emigrated here 8 years ago from Beatles territory in England. So me and the missus always welcome any waifs and strays :) 

If you ever come back to Merseyland. Then you are not too far from me in Wigan. So you could then let me know.

1 hour ago, craigled said:

If you ever come back to Merseyland. Then you are not too far from me in Wigan. So you could then let me know.

Yeah mate I will. My mum and dad live between anfield and Goodison so I'll base myself there when I go home next - prob in about 2 years 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2017 at 10:02 AM, luvlz2 said:

It was nice for the first time meeting a fellow forum member at Roger Waters earlier this week. Got to me lpMan. It was an outstanding concert!

Hoping he comes to Australia. He did last time. 

On 6/17/2017 at 7:02 PM, luvlz2 said:

It was nice for the first time meeting a fellow forum member at Roger Waters earlier this week. Got to me lpMan. It was an outstanding concert!

Felling is mutual my friend, I had a great time and truly appreciate it.

Archived