Dazed and Confused lyrics

Guest Shenouda5252@gmail.com

The verses in dazed and confused changed a lot so here are all the renditions:

Dazed and Confused Lyrics

Led Zeppelin I:
1. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby lord how they hypnotize sweet little baby I don't know where you been gonna love you baby here I come again
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you again
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you take it easy baby let them say what they will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

The Song Remains the Same:
1. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking pretty few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
2. Oh everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking jive the way that you push push push push push me darlin I can't take too much of that so come on come on come on come on oh darlin show me the way I want to make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies try to quit you baby baby but you keep on mamamamamamezmorize so come on come on come on come on say what you will I still wanna make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five
4. Oh everybody's been talking lord swear they've been talking jive the way that you push me darlin you know I couldn't take too much of that so come on come on come on come on show me the way I wanna make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five 

BBC Sessions 1: 
1. Dazed and Confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby lord how you hypnotize try to love you baby but you go on (without soul?, when on soul?, with a soul?) soul of a woman was created below
3. Every day I work so hard brining home my hard earned pay sweet little baby baby then you take it away I wanna love you baby but you do me so bad the worst little woman I most ever had
4. I've been dazed and confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when you end up in hell

BBC Sessions 2:
1. Oh I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking now few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay baby baby baby baby then you try to push me away baby listen baby I don't know where you been woman woman I I want you your love I want you love again
3. Oh every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay come on baby baby baby baby you push me away now I know I've said this once before but I think I'm gonna have to say it one more time I ain't got no loving baby I'm gonna send you down the line
4. Everybody's been talking lord they've been talking jive the way you move me baby I can't take none of that now baby listen baby don't you hear what I say I wanna love you baby twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five hours a day

Royal Albert Hall:
1. Been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman woman woman woman woman woman woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. Worked and I worked and I worked I worked for my pay sweet little baby then you push me away I don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet sweet sweet sweet baby I want you I want you again
3. I said come here baby come here quick this old cocaine it makes makes me sick I said here comes a policeman dressed in blue mama don't you know don't you know he's been doing things he's been doing em too yeah
4. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't lmao where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you I want you again 

Danmarks radio:
1. I've been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies sweet little baby baby how you hypnotize try to love you baby but I know it's a sin it's time I think I want you woman I been down again
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't know where I'm going but I know just where you been I wanna love you baby got no (way?) 
4. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will your tongue wag so much when I send you to hell

Supershow:
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you to hell 
2. I said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies sweet little baby baby how you mesmerize I try to love you baby but but you know it's a sin every time I (want?, punch?) you woman I think what a spin I'm in
3. I told you baby I told you time and time again I would never leave you woman God knows that I tell everything I could ever ever satisfy what you ever do to me woman baby bring down here (??????, he's says something here but the guitar is too loud to make it out at all)
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true I said I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

Tous En Scene:
The first three verses are cut from the DVD
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

How the West Was Won:
1. Ooooooh I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
And I like it!
2.  Everybody's been talking lord and I swear they've been talking trife oh sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet baby I can't take too much of that come on come on come on come on show me the way I wanna make love to you little girl twenty five hours a day oh that's all I want 
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies ooh sweet sweet baby lord I say how you hypnotize take it easy baby let them say what they will will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
4. Everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking trife oh the way you push me baby I can't take too much of that come on come on come on show me the way I want to make love to you little girl twenty five hours a day and that's all I want 

The Song Remains the Same Reissue 
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you now lots of people talking pretty few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
2. Oh everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking jive the way that you push push push push push me darlin I can't take too much of that so come on come on come on come on oh darlin show me the way I want to make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies I try to quit you baby baby but you keep on mamamamamamezmorize so come on come on come on come on say what you will I want to make love to you again darlin twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five 
4. Oh everybody's been talking lord swear they've been talking jive the way that you push me darlin you know I couldn't take too much of that so come on come on come on come on show me the way I wanna make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five 

Celebration Day:
1. Been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies oh run round sweet baby oh how you hypnotize I don't know where you're going I only know just where you been but sweet little baby I want you again 
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay I try to love you baby but you push me away sweet little baby let them say what they will will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
4. I been dazed and confused for so long it's not true no I wanted a woman I never bargained for you now lots of people lots of people are talking now now pretty few of them know soul soul soul low yeah 

Paris:
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. I said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby how you hypnotize I don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you again 
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't know where you're going only know where you been sweet little baby I want you again 
4. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking but few of them know soul of a woman was created below 

I don't know why'd you want this but I was bored and the beach and wrote it all down and thought it was worth sharing. 

P.S. 

I noticed that the lyrics contradict themselves. "sweet little baby I don't know where you been" and then he says "don't know where you're going only know just where you been"

2. Oh everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking jive the way that you push push push push push me darlin I can't take too much of that

I think he says talking trash, not jive, lol. 

I love the 'Cocaine' verse in the RAH version, shits gangsta. :rollin:

20 hours ago, Shenouda5252@gmail.com said:

The verses in dazed and confused changed a lot so here are all the renditions:

Dazed and Confused Lyrics

Led Zeppelin I:
1. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby lord how they hypnotize sweet little baby I don't know where you been gonna love you baby here I come again
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you again
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you take it easy baby let them say what they will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

1. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking pretty few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies try to quit you baby baby but you keep on mamamamamamezmorize so come on come on come on come on say what you will I still wanna make love to you little girl twenty five twenty five twenty five

BBC Sessions 1: 
1. Dazed and Confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby lord how you hypnotize try to love you baby but you go on (without soul?, when on soul?, with a soul?) soul of a woman was created below
3. Every day I work so hard brining home my hard earned pay sweet little baby baby then you take it away I wanna love you baby but you do me so bad the worst little woman I most ever had
4. I've been dazed and confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when you end up in hell

BBC Sessions 2:
1. Oh I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking now few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay baby baby baby baby then you try to push me away baby listen baby I don't know where you been woman woman I I want you your love I want you love again
3. Oh every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay come on baby baby baby baby you push me away now I know I've said this once before but I think I'm gonna have to say it one more time I ain't got no loving baby I'm gonna send you down the line
4. Everybody's been talking lord they've been talking jive the way you move me baby I can't take none of that now baby listen baby don't you hear what I say I wanna love you baby twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five hours a day

Royal Albert Hall:
1. Been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman woman woman woman woman woman woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. Worked and I worked and I worked I worked for my pay sweet little baby then you push me away I don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet sweet sweet sweet baby I want you I want you again
3. I said come here baby come here quick this old cocaine it makes makes me sick I said here comes a policeman dressed in blue mama don't you know don't you know he's been doing things he's been doing em too yeah
4. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't lmao where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you I want you again 

Danmarks radio:
1. I've been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies sweet little baby baby how you hypnotize try to love you baby but I know it's a sin it's time I think I want you woman I been down again
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't know where I'm going but I know just where you been I wanna love you baby got no (way?) 
4. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will your tongue wag so much when I send you to hell

Supershow:
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you to hell 
2. I said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies sweet little baby baby how you mesmerize I try to love you baby but but you know it's a sin every time I (want?, punch?) you woman I think what a spin I'm in
3. I told you baby I told you time and time again I would never leave you woman God knows that I tell everything I could ever ever satisfy what you ever do to me woman baby bring down here (??????, he's says something here but the guitar is too loud to make it out at all)
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true I said I wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

Tous En Scene:
The first three verses are cut from the DVD
4. Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true wanted a woman never bargained for you sweet little baby say what you will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 

How the West Was Won:
1. Ooooooh I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
And I like it!
2.  Everybody's been talking lord and I swear they've been talking trife oh sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet baby I can't take too much of that come on come on come on come on show me the way I wanna make love to you little girl twenty five hours a day oh that's all I want 
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies ooh sweet sweet baby lord I say how you hypnotize take it easy baby let them say what they will will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
4. Everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking trife oh the way you push me baby I can't take too much of that come on come on come on show me the way I want to make love to you little girl twenty five hours a day and that's all I want 

The Song Remains the Same Reissue 
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you now lots of people talking pretty few of them know soul of a woman was created below 
3. Said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies I try to quit you baby baby but you keep on mamamamamamezmorize so come on come on come on come on say what you will I want to make love to you again darlin twenty five twenty five twenty five twenty five 

Celebration Day:
1. Been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. You hurt and abuse telling all of your lies oh run round sweet baby oh how you hypnotize I don't know where you're going I only know just where you been but sweet little baby I want you again 
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay I try to love you baby but you push me away sweet little baby let them say what they will will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill 
4. I been dazed and confused for so long it's not true no I wanted a woman I never bargained for you now lots of people lots of people are talking now now pretty few of them know soul soul soul low yeah 

Paris:
1. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking few of them know soul of a woman was created below
2. I said you hurt and abuse telling all of your lies run round sweet baby how you hypnotize I don't know where you're going only know just where you been sweet little baby I want you again 
3. Every day I work so hard bringing home my hard earned pay try to love you baby but you push me away I don't know where you're going only know where you been sweet little baby I want you again 
4. I been dazed and confused so long it's not true I wanted a woman never bargained for you lots of people talking but few of them know soul of a woman was created below 

I don't know why'd you want this but I was bored and the beach and wrote it all down and thought it was worth sharing. 

Lol. Wow, I knew he switched them up a bit back in the day, but, had no idea. Thanks

10 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:
2. Oh everybody's been talking lord I swear they've been talking jive the way that you push push push push push me darlin I can't take too much of that

I think he says talking trash, not jive, lol. 

That's what I hear, too (although I admit I don't know most lyrics).

I never knew there were so many versions of the lyrics to  this song.  Wonder if Robert just made them up to suit the mood of the night. 

Off topic: I remember Seal saying that he doesn't like to tell what his lyrics are because his fans may hear one thing and relate to it, only to find out later that he was singing something different.  That would be disappointing. I subscribe to that philosophy. ;) 

On 8/16/2016 at 7:54 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:
I love the 'Cocaine' verse in the RAH version, shits gangsta. :rollin:

hated that line the first time I heard it. still not nearly as bad as "I dont know what im sayin but im havin a good time" on how many more times from the bbc sessions.

On 18/08/2016 at 1:56 PM, sk8rat said:

hated that line the first time I heard it. still not nearly as bad as "I dont know what im sayin but im havin a good time" on how many more times from the bbc sessions.

I actually like that line. Fits in nice. He did not have a lyric at that precise moment, but its a very nice fill. Like he's just rolling with it. What's not to like?

On 8/19/2016 at 11:33 PM, rm2551 said:

I actually like that line. Fits in nice. He did not have a lyric at that precise moment, but its a very nice fill. Like he's just rolling with it. What's not to like?

the one from the bbc session? Idk his vocal inflection was just very comical and sounded unpleasant to me.

Archived