2016 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

Sabres beat Montreal.  Sabres and Islanders making a move.  Flyers and Tampa are falling apart.  I am hoping the Sabres keep winning.  Washington is the real deal.  I say right now it looks like a Washington vs Minnesota final.  Things can change.  I expect the Blues to wake up.  They have the talent.  

8 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Rick, are you watching the Stars / Sabers game?  What was up with that reply at the end??

I missed the end.  I turned it off when Nillson let in the soft goal.  The goaltending sucks. . I cant take it. They need to get Miller back. 

On 1/26/2017 at 11:23 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

New Leafs are looking great.  Best team they have put on the ice since 99.  And my Sabres are on the rise as well.  The Flyers and Stars are in for hell tonight

Agreed about the Leafs, great young team for a change and that Austin Matthews is making Leaf fans forget the garbage last few seasons ( it's actually more lol)  I once said that i don't think i would see the Leafs win the cup in my lifetime......with this bunch there is a glimmer of hope.

I am not sure if Okposo is the only Sabre that made it?  But its a travesty for Ristolainen and Eichel to not be on the teams.  I do not care about the injury  Eichel is an elite player and has not only proven it short term but will long term.  Ristolainen will win the Norris trophy within two years. 

What the hell have they done to the All-Star game? This is not the All-Star game I remember from my youth. Now there are three different games with a bunch of different squads? What happened to East vs. West? Wales Conference vs. Campbell Conference?

I almost thought about going to the game since it was in town this year but I had too much on my Sunday schedule already. My ears are still ringing from last night.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

What the hell have they done to the All-Star game? This is not the All-Star game I remember from my youth. Now there are three different games with a bunch of different squads? What happened to East vs. West? Wales Conference vs. Campbell Conference?

I almost thought about going to the game since it was in town this year but I had too much on my Sunday schedule already. My ears are still ringing from last night.

Agree.  Its all bullshit.  I wish they would just do the East vs West thing.  The MLB still has the best all star game.  The NFL is a joke.  And the NBA there is no D and its a slam dunk fest.  Hockey there is no checking and its skate and shoot.  But its entertaining when they do it right.  That is the East vs the West.  The other day I saw some film from the 1980 game.  No helmets.  Gordie Howe at 50 years of age was the oldest to ever play in an all star game. Gilbert Perrault, the greatest Sabre of them all was there.  Donnie Edwards was in goal.  Marcel Dionne of the old Kings was there.   How I loved those old uniforms of the Kings. It was a great year.  My own Sabres lost in the Eastern finals to the then mighty Islanders.  We were pretty damn good too.  It was after the French Connection had already split.  It is very strange to see those old films of the games with players with no helmets and if you go back farther in time you had goalies with no masks.  That is unimaginable now.  

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Zepscoda.   Just get ready to feel the pain of the upcoming years when my young Sabres and Jack Eichel reach their peak.  Its going to be ass whipping time for many teams that play my Sabres.  Pay back is on the way

We shall see...Lunqvist is getting older that's for sure.

FB_IMG_1486476124930.jpg

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Good game going on down in Florida right now. Ottawa is up 2-1 with 9:min remaining in the 3rd. 

Pathetic game.  Florida goes to California and sweeps and comes home and cant buy a wain vs bad teams.  And then the Sabres blow a 2-0 lead in the 3rd.  Major moves needed and now

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Pathetic game.  Florida goes to California and sweeps and comes home and cant buy a wain vs bad teams.  And then the Sabres blow a 2-0 lead in the 3rd.  Major moves needed and now

I was hoping Jagr would have tied it up at the end. Amazing that he's still playing. 

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Can you believe this trade between Kings and Tampa?  Shocker.  Why would Kings want Bishop with Quick back?  Do they want a goalie controversy?

Doesn't make sense to me, unless they feel Quick might get injured again ? I'd have thought they would have went after some fire power.

Stars traded Patrick Eves and Jammie Benn's brother Jordie. 

On 2/27/2017 at 5:54 PM, zepscoda said:

I was hoping Jagr would have tied it up at the end. Amazing that he's still playing. 

As was evident night my team needs a goalie.   Hopefully some way to get Ryan Miller back in a Buffalo uniform where he belongs.  Lehner sucks big time.  Sucks.  The team is getting better by the minute

On Sun Mar 05 2017 at 7:32 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

As was evident night my team needs a goalie.   Hopefully some way to get Ryan Miller back in a Buffalo uniform where he belongs.  Lehner sucks big time.  Sucks.  The team is getting better by the minute

Rick, do you have Center Ice or NHL.tv ? I have center ice, have had it since 1999. But I think next season I'm going go to drop direct tv and go with nhl.tv...if it's anything like MLB.tv, it would be far more practical. 

On 3/7/2017 at 9:43 PM, zepscoda said:

Rick, do you have Center Ice or NHL.tv ? I have center ice, have had it since 1999. But I think next season I'm going go to drop direct tv and go with nhl.tv...if it's anything like MLB.tv, it would be far more practical. 

My Internet has  been  down for 4 days so sorry it took so long to respond.   Not this year I do not have Center Ice but have had in the past.  I can watch my Sabres lose for free on Direct TV anyway and have the NHL channels.  I have MLB, and chose to pay for that so I can watch my Orioles.  

Hey, while I have you, do you think Lindy will be fired in Dallas this year?  I am seriously hoping that he returns to Buffalo and takes over.  Along with one Ryan Miller

Archived