2016 NHL season

LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

My Internet has  been  down for 4 days so sorry it took so long to respond.   Not this year I do not have Center Ice but have had in the past.  I can watch my Sabres lose for free on Direct TV anyway and have the NHL channels.  I have MLB, and chose to pay for that so I can watch my Orioles.  

Hey, while I have you, do you think Lindy will be fired in Dallas this year?  I am seriously hoping that he returns to Buffalo and takes over.  Along with one Ryan Miller

There is very little talk about him getting the boot in the sports radio talk down here. He's certainly under a ton of pressure, but I think Jim Nill will stick with him for at least seasons end, if not next season....the goaltending situation sucks.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:27 PM, zepscoda said:

There is very little talk about him getting the boot in the sports radio talk down here. He's certainly under a ton of pressure, but I think Jim Nill will stick with him for at least seasons end, if not next season....the goaltending situation sucks.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:27 PM, zepscoda said:

In Buffalo or Dallas?  I hope him and Bylsma get fired and Lindy comes home.  But I want Miller back even more

On Mon Mar 13 2017 at 4:48 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

In Buffalo or Dallas?  I hope him and Bylsma get fired and Lindy comes home.  But I want Miller back even more

After that travesty of a game last night, he might be gone sooner than later. It would be cool to see him back in Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, zepscoda said:

After that travesty of a game last night, he might be gone sooner than later. It would be cool to see him back in Buffalo. 

Yes, not a good showing for Dallas.  My team played well for two periods.  I must confess i missed the third, mercifully.  The Blues are going to win the Cup.  If its not the Blues then its the Wild vs Wash.  That is my pick.  What say ye ?

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Yes, not a good showing for Dallas.  My team played well for two periods.  I must confess i missed the third, mercifully.  The Blues are going to win the Cup.  If its not the Blues then its the Wild vs Wash.  That is my pick.  What say ye ?

I hate to say it, but in the east I think the Pens will take the Caps in 5 games to get to the final.  Obviously I'd like to see my Rangers represent the east, but they need to get hot, and I don't get any vibe that it will happen. In the West,  I'd say Chicago but with Anisimov going down , I am hoping Minnesota takes San Jose in the conference final .

Would love to see Columbus go far in the east. But something will happen and they'll be taken out in the first round.

22 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I hate to say it, but in the east I think the Pens will take the Caps in 5 games to get to the final.  Obviously I'd like to see my Rangers represent the east, but they need to get hot, and I don't get any vibe that it will happen. In the West,  I'd say Chicago but with Anisimov going down , I am hoping Minnesota takes San Jose in the conference final .

Would love to see Columbus go far in the east. But something will happen and they'll be taken out in the first round.

I stand firmly.   St Louis wins the Cup over the Caps or if it must be the Pens

Dangerous sleeper in the West could be Calgary

21 hours ago, The Rover 75 said:

The Blues will be lucky to make the playoffs, they are too inconsistent, & likely will draw a top seed in the first round.

The team to watch out for in the East is Columbus.

Mark my word.  They will make it and they will surprise everyone and win it.  They have the horses to do it. They have been red hot in case you have not noticed.  The Wild have a shot too in the West and my sleeper is Calgary who are playing very well

21 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Mark my word.  They will make it and they will surprise everyone and win it.  They have the horses to do it. They have been red hot in case you have not noticed.  The Wild have a shot too in the West and my sleeper is Calgary who are playing very well

It would be really cool to see St Louis make it in the West.  

22 hours ago, zepscoda said:

It would be really cool to see St Louis make it in the West.  

I am now gaining tremendous respect for Calgary.  They brought in 3 parlays for me last night in my off shore accounts and have been a monster at home.   Calgary is a true sleeper in the West.  To me they are a player in this.

On 3/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You apparently think with your heart, or haven't seen very many other teams in the Western Conference. I am very familiar with the Blues, as I attend Chicago Wolves games who are their AHL affiliate, sorry, just aren't good enough, or deep enough.

18 hours ago, The Rover 75 said:

You apparently think with your heart, or haven't seen very many other teams in the Western Conference. I am very familiar with the Blues, as I attend Chicago Wolves games who are their AHL affiliate, sorry, just aren't good enough, or deep enough.

If I was thinking with my heart I would be picking Buffalo.  St Louis and Calgary are playing lights out.  I believe the Flames have shot also.

The Flames are playing lights out at home.  Washington is in a bit of a funk so I would not be surprised to see them get knocked off by Calgary tonight.  St Lois has been shutting teams out lately.  Both goalies are on fire.  I tell you with that and having Teresenko, I do not know how you can discount them. So who would you pick?  The Hawks?  They have finally started to play better.  Do not foget St Louis eliminated them last year.  It took alot out of them and San Jose was lucky for that and wound up in the final.  I say they will not do it again.

I discount St. Louis, because they were a deeper team last year, losing role players like Brouwer & Ott will comeback to bite them in the playoffs. As well as trading Shattenkirk, a solid player.

Right now the Hawks look like the team to beat in the West, they have distanced themselves from MIN. You keep mentioning CAL, but EDM is also playing very well. Can never count out SJ, they are also a deep team.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:42 AM, The Rover 75 said:

I discount St. Louis, because they were a deeper team last year, losing role players like Brouwer & Ott will comeback to bite them in the playoffs. As well as trading Shattenkirk, a solid player.

Right now the Hawks look like the team to beat in the West, they have distanced themselves from MIN. You keep mentioning CAL, but EDM is also playing very well. Can never count out SJ, they are also a deep team.

St Louis just went into San Jose and took them apart 4-1.  They keep on winning and keep on shutting teams down.   Two hot goalies, and since Hitchcock has been let go they have been solid.  They are a player.  Do not be fooled.  Calgary are a monster at home right now.  They have beaten some good teams and are red hot on home ice.  Edmonton has returned to contention with the addition of Connor McDavid, the savior there.  Do not count the Blues out I tell you.  And looking at the East, the Leafs have their best team in ages.  Since 99 to be specific.  But I still believe the East will come down to Washington and Columbus.  Pittsburgh and the Rangers are in the mix too but have not been as impressive.  Lundquist has to be 100% for the Rangers to even be in the conversation and I do not think they are that good right now.  Look at last night?  I am standing by my pick.  St Louis over Washington   If its not that one, then I will say Washington and Minnesota.  But like I say, I am not counting Columbus out or even some real sleepers and maybe even the Leafs or Flames.  This is the kind of year that could see big surprises.  i think the Kings have too many problems now. 

On 3/24/2017 at 8:20 AM, zepscoda said:

Rick, I'm sure you remember this...

FB_IMG_1490357655686.jpg

That was one of the scariest moments in NHL history.  Now we have to play our next 3 games without Rasmus Ristolainen who has been suspended 3 games.  This Finish kid is a monster of a player.  I think he leads the league or is close to the lead in assists.  He is the best defenseman in Sabres history right now.  Sorry Schonfeld.  And King Kong Korab and Bill Heicht

17 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Rangers can clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight in Anaheim. 

My team is getting better.  Its going to be at least another year before our return to contention after those big years back in the 2006 era.  Jack Eichel and Rasmus Ristolainen and Sam Reinhart will get us back in by next year if we solve our goalie position.  They seem hell bent on Lehner.  I am not.  I wish they would try and get Miller back.  They would win with him and right away.  But they have developed their youth well.  Eichel is ready for the next level.  He is the real deal.  I do not like the Rangers chances.  I know you like them and the Stars.  Well my second favorite are the Blues.  And I like their chances far better than most give them.  Two hot goalies also.  So when is Lundquist returning?

Quietly kicking ass are the ST Louis Blues.  Go see their record now.  They have climbed up up up.  And they are my pick to win it all.  Sure things have to go well.  They can beat any team in either conference.  I say Wash vs St Louis.  If I am wrong there, its got to be either Wash, Pitt or Columbus in the East.   And St Louis, Chicago (who I no longer believe in that much), Minnesota.  If there is a real long shot in the West its Calgary.

My Sabres made the strides they expected this year.  They have been right around 500 all year and developed guys like Jack Eichel who will be  a superstar in this league.  So will Rasmus Ristolainan.  A couple of big decisions await.  I personally do not think Bylsma deserves to be fired.  I have heard it two times mentioned by casual fans.  I say its BS and no way.  Even if Ruff gets fired in Dallas, its unlikely he comes back.   As much as I would welcome him back.  Bylsma has done the best he can and now a couple of free agents are needed.  And the goalie decision must be made.  I am for going after Milller or Fleury. Fleury is going to be available. 

The Red Wings streak of making the playoffs for 25 straight years is over.  That's a heck of an accomplishment in any professional sport.  During that time my Lions have won a 4 team division once.  :wacko:   Wish I was more of a hockey fan.  Lol....kind of sad really since my maternal family is all French-Canadian.  Time to tear down the JOE and open up the riverfront (Yay !)  The Pistons are moving downtown also, and The Palace of Auburn Hills will close. 

Lions - Tiger Stadium, The Pontiac Silverdome, Ford Field

Pistons - Cobo Arena, Silverdome, The Palace, Little Caesar's Arena

Red Wings - Olympia, Joe Louis, Little Caesar's Arena

Tigers - Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park

All in my lifetime.  For an area with constant financial woes, we sure do like to build new sports palaces.

Archived