Definitive silver release of Eddie

rstarless

Hi All, Apologies in advance as i know there are a million thread's on the Listen to This Eddie tape from 21/06/1977 but as i still collect silvers i was wondering if anyone could recommend the best version on CD. I have the Empress Valley 18 CD FBO box version and was looking for a good alternative. Someone told me the early Wendy release "Listen to This Eddie" was one of the best ? I know the sound can be subjective. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

RS

17 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Genuine Masters " Watch and listen to this Eddie" is incredible

15 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I have similar, and its way better than the other two versions I grabbed...

listen_to_this_eddie_gm.jpg

Bingo. This is the one.

1 hour ago, Xolo1974 said:

Stupid question guys. But what are silvers? 

Not a CD-R.

Here's a brief definition. 
A silver pressed CD actually contains a physically stamped data layer, making it much more durable than CD-Rs. Google it! ?

18 hours ago, Balthazor said:

Does anyone know how that one compares to the WInston Remasters "Mike the Mike"? That's the one I have.

I have the Winston "Mike the Mike" from 27/06. Both arew similar in clarity / quality from my untrained ear. The Genuine Masters LTTE I have is mixed to sound like it has more space/depth, and it absolutely KILLS the other ltte boots I have. MtM is not flat by any means, but that's the difference I can hear.

The shows are both crackers, but to be honest, I'd need to listen to both again to judge (and will do soon!) as they're all a constant blurr of enjoyment.

Archived