New Song Remains The Same Expanded-no label ?

porgie66

There is a new boot release of TSRTS from a no label source which attempted to make as complete a concert as EV did with Grand Finale (which was not very well done) by combining known official and boot soundboards from all three nights. Does anyone have any feedback or reviews? I'm specifically wondering if they used exclusively the original soundtrack version of No Quarter. I'm also curious to hear if the edits and transitions are smooth and if While Lotta Love contains the funky jam which is also on the original 2 LP. ??

On 8/24/2016 at 5:00 PM, porgie66 said:

There is a new boot release of TSRTS from a no label source which attempted to make as complete a concert as EV did with Grand Finale (which was not very well done) by combining known official and boot soundboards from all three nights. Does anyone have any feedback or reviews? I'm specifically wondering if they used exclusively the original soundtrack version of No Quarter. I'm also curious to hear if the edits and transitions are smooth and if While Lotta Love contains the funky jam which is also on the original 2 LP. ??

You talking about the Heywood second edition?

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I just got this release and it's excellent! The edits are done very well, to present a " complete " concert . They used the best versions  ( IMO) of Celebration Day, No Quarter and SIBLY and added the funky jam bits from the official DVD title section to the funk / theramin section in WLL. The concert ends with the last nights encore of Thank You. The only disappointment was the drum solo between Heartbreaker and WLL wasn't spliced properly in time so it hiccups a beat. Definitely a worthwhile purchase . 

4 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Update: I just got this release and it's excellent! The edits are done very well, to present a " complete " concert . They used the best versions  ( IMO) of Celebration Day, No Quarter and SIBLY and added the funky jam bits from the official DVD title section to the funk / theramin section in WLL. The concert ends with the last nights encore of Thank You. The only disappointment was the drum solo between Heartbreaker and WLL wasn't spliced properly in time so it hiccups a beat. Definitely a worthwhile purchase . 

What, you paid money for a }{eywood ? You have been ripped off.. }{eywood does his stuff for free for the benefit of the fans, even adapts the offiicial cover art with full explanation of where the edits/sources come from...

2 hours ago, JTM said:

What, you paid money for a }{eywood ? You have been ripped off.. }{eywood does his stuff for free for the benefit of the fans, even adapts the offiicial cover art with full explanation of where the edits/sources come from...

Well, I guess I have been ripped off. Here I sit shamed and disappointed in the failure of this thread to get an answer to my first question.  Would've been nice if someone could have edified me before I actually paid for the pressed version. That's why I posted this thread in the first place. Juxtiphi mentioned Heywood but no details. The thread ran cold. Now you tell me I've been ripped off. Well, first of all I've never heard of Heywood. I've been trading for 10 years , on Tapecity , Dime, etc and I've heard of Eddie Edwards, Winston, dadgad, etal ...never Heywood or his remasters. Secondly, officially released stuff isn't possible to obtain on dime so it's difficult to get a show like this unless you're connected with people who are hip and will hook you up. No one did. Now, I'm made to look like an idiot for paying for a Heywood.  I shared many silvers,  low-gens, and worked on remasters with acapulcogold back in the day that ended up getting put out by boot labels...and  posted my own declicked vinyl of Pb which Liquid Led and Wendy both used for their releases and wasn't acknowledged , so I suppose that's a form of rip off too. So yes,  I was ripped off but hey...this release is better than the attempt I made ( aside from the aforementioned drum solo edit before WLL) , and I will enjoy listening to it again and again. I've spent $70 on meals that were entirely forgettable, and $150 every time a speed camera gets me so....fuck it. 

Again, no one had offered to lead me to the Heywood so that's why I bought the suckers edition. ?

1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

Well, I guess I have been ripped off. Here I sit shamed and disappointed in the failure of this thread to get an answer to my first question.  Would've been nice if someone could have edified me before I actually paid for the pressed version. That's why I posted this thread in the first place. Juxtiphi mentioned Heywood but no details. The thread ran cold. Now you tell me I've been ripped off. Well, first of all I've never heard of Heywood. I've been trading for 10 years , on Tapecity , Dime, etc and I've heard of Eddie Edwards, Winston, dadgad, etal ...never Heywood or his remasters. Secondly, officially released stuff isn't possible to obtain on dime so it's difficult to get a show like this unless you're connected with people who are hip and will hook you up. No one did. Now, I'm made to look like an idiot for paying for a Heywood.  I shared many silvers,  low-gens, and worked on remasters with acapulcogold back in the day that ended up getting put out by boot labels...and  posted my own declicked vinyl of Pb which Liquid Led and Wendy both used for their releases and wasn't acknowledged , so I suppose that's a form of rip off too. So yes,  I was ripped off but hey...this release is better than the attempt I made ( aside from the aforementioned drum solo edit before WLL) , and I will enjoy listening to it again and again. I've spent $70 on meals that were entirely forgettable, and $150 every time a speed camera gets me so....fuck it. 

Again, no one had offered to lead me to the Heywood so that's why I bought the suckers edition. ?

Ah well, it's only money, at least "You Got the Silver(s)"  (Hope they are not CDRs).....Apologies for not pointing you in the right direction.....

35 minutes ago, JTM said:

Ah well, it's only money, at least "You Got the Silver(s)"  (Hope they are not CDRs).....Apologies for not pointing you in the right direction.....

It's all good. What else has he done? Is his stuff on dimeadozen?

45 minutes ago, porgie66 said:

It's all good. What else has he done? Is his stuff on dimeadozen?

Can't recall seeing any of his work on Dime, he mostly reworks official material (a no no over there), some boots also, the "little green devil" torrent site is a good place to seek out his work, entering his name in their search box should bring up his work (well it used to). 

13 hours ago, JTM said:

Can't recall seeing any of his work on Dime, he mostly reworks official material (a no no over there), some boots also, the "little green devil" torrent site is a good place to seek out his work, entering his name in their search box should bring up his work (well it used to). 

I can't find little green devil. Can you send me a link? 

On 9/20/2016 at 10:23 PM, porgie66 said:

I can't find little green devil. Can you send me a link? 

You are lucky. Otherwise you probably would have been infected with a virus. According to this, Demonoid is one of those sites that spreads malware viruses thru your computer.

https://torrentfreak.com/google-blocks-demonoid-for-spreading-malicious-software-140508/

1 hour ago, Strider said:

You are lucky. Otherwise you probably would have been infected with a virus. According to this, Demonoid is one of those sites that spreads malware viruses thru your computer.

https://torrentfreak.com/google-blocks-demonoid-for-spreading-malicious-software-140508/

My PC and laptop are well protected, I've never had a problem on Demonoid but then I've never used it for anything other than obtaining "hard to find music"  I stay well clear of anything else D has to offer, I don't doubt there are nasty(s)  living there.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2016 at 10:31 PM, Jimmywalnutz said:

I had inquired about this tape when I first saw it was being released. I don't recall who responded but I was told it was a "fan edition".  No further. I had no idea about Heywood or any of his shenanigans.

I'm sorry this happened .

What shenanigans?

Archived