BBC sessions deluxe out September 16!!!!

13 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

John Davis seems like a real schmuck.   Why on God's green earth would they butcher the whole Paris show track list ?   I personally would never spend money where the track list ended up in the blender and the listing is not even correct order

Typical logic is if it ain't broke don't fix it, but they seem to have made things fucking worst by being lazy.  This is pure BS.  If Empress Valley can release 1 song on a CD, why is Jimmy and Davis lazy to not do the proper disc order.  Big friggin deal if only 2 songs are on 1 CD or what have you.  

I find this very insulting and slap in the face.  Their laziness and excuse is like last time, but fuck me in the goat ass If I'm going to cough up $200 for a botched up job

I am curious about your antagonism towards John Davis. The track listing for Disc 2 (the April 1, 1971 Paris Theatre show) is exactly the same as on the 1997 release. Clearly, any blame for edits (What Is and What Should Never Be, Communication Breakdown, WLL medley) lies with Jimmy and his original decision to try to fit a 96-minute show on one disc.

My main worry is that Jimmy did the original BBC release using Pro Tools. That is not going to fly in today's world, especially for vinyl. I hope they went back to original sources and remastered the right way.

Edited by Strider

I'm sure I will be getting this even though I own every track in various forms.  Gpood that JP waited for our wallets to recover after the reissues campaign.  Also looking forward to The Beatles Hollywood Bowl compilation, which I think comes out a week earlier!

I am disappointed.  ANOTHER remaster with some minor stuff tossed in....this is all JP is about until he stops.  Just more reissues and remasters....new JP material and touring - never.  Bank on it.

and why not offer the mega-titanium deluxe version?  3 CDs, 5 LPs, 4 cassettes, and 6 8-tracks.   

(yawn); please not again.  The old "add" another "new" track to a re-issued set, and sell it again trick. Sorry Jimmy, but you're not getting any more of my business until u put out something of value (after 46 years of buying just about everything. Put out some of the Page/Plant video from 1998 and I'll be in; or Earls' Court '75. Or a new album. Otherwise.....

23 hours ago, Strider said:
23 hours ago, Strider said:

Strider did not write this I did.

What is happening here?  If I decide not to post the next time I want to post something the old quote is still showing. 

Edited by juxtiphi

I'm excited but a little leery as well. If The Album gets the total overhaul it's going to sound incredible ! But I'm afraid of it being cut up like L'Olympia 10/10/69 did on the LZ 1 reissue. Heartbreaker got shredded including full minute of Jimmy soloing pfft....gone and you can hear the cut and it really sounds like it went off to thin air. Other cuts too.  

It seems like they are adding on the Lost BBC tapes aired from London  3/19/69 and a couple of other mono tracks.

I have  "Anyone Got A Les Paul?" (Jimmy had Guitar Trouble) on Equinox and it's not anything special. This is also referred to as the Lost BBC Tapes on some other label and EV has these tracks on their  BBC Zep (I think). Equinox was naturally the cheapest option because all I really wanted was "Sunshine Woman".

My "Go To" BBC 4/1/ 71 is part of is the  BBC sessions by Last Stand Disc set. 5 discs and it has White Summer from the Julie Felix Show. I like it better because it's complete and unedited (of Course). The main attraction is the "remastered" Pre- FM Concert recorded in late March of 71 and aired April 1st 71. The Last Stand Remaster IMO sounds better than the Official release, it's not compressed or heavily EQ'd (they claim no EQ whatsoever). I grew up listening to the post broadcast tape and loved it. So I'm not bothered listening to the edited show but Last Stand sounds more raw and powerful. 

But now with Jimmy spinning those dials and a complete overhaul  you know it's going to sound awesome! I'm hoping the 4/1/71 show sounds as good as the 10/10/69 show does on the companion disc. But I'm always afraid of what will end up on the cutting room floor....not so much about  unwelcome additions like on HTWWW.

That 3/19/69 Lost BBC show has been around a long time and is really nothing to write home about. I'm hoping the 4/1/71 show sounds as good as the 10/10/69 show does on the companion disc.

The mono tracks don't excite me.

Edited by Jimmywalnutz
missing word

I for one am very happy with this release. Have i ordered and can't wait for it to arrive.

Jimmy is going to do things his way. We all know what that means, so instead of bitching about what I'm not getting I'll be happy instead with what I am getting. I am hoping  that a vinyl and deluxe package for How The Wets Was Won is in the works. If I eventually got that with an Earl's Court package I'd be a pretty happy camper. If those never occur, I'll still be happy dropping the needle on what I do have.

I didn't go for the Super Deluxe on any of them. I bought all the vinyl without the companions with the exception of Coda I bought the 3 record set. I bought CD's with and without the companions. The non-companion CDs I intend to keep sealed. The Companion CD sets are great for making comparisons.

Eg, I can set up the initial CD release the box release from 93, the 97 RMs and the newest editions along with the alternate tracks. I have fun listening to the changes.

I also bought the Itunes downloads for my ipod.

This time around I will certainly buy the vinyl then go from there.

I just finished listen to 3/19/69 it can certainly use some work but I never played the disc a lot in the years Ive owned it. It will take a few more spins to really decide if I'm excited.

I grabbed Tampa 4-7-70 too for some reason and that one would be great if Jimmy worked on it. My favorite SIBLY. 

17 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

I'm excited but a little leery as well. If The Album gets the total overhaul it's going to sound incredible ! But I'm afraid of it being cut up like L'Olympia 10/10/69 did on the LZ 1 reissue. Heartbreaker got shredded including full minute of Jimmy soloing pfft....gone and you can hear the cut and it really sounds like it went off to thin air. Other cuts too.  

"Heartbreaker" was edited because there was a flaw in the source recording. Unlike Earl's Court or Madison Square Garden, where if there was a flaw they could patch in something from another night, Paris '69 was a one night only gig.

Edited by Strider

Haven't been here for awhile and been out of touch on all things Zep apart from some court case.Just read about BBC re master.I will be getting the cd version unless I win the lottery.I notice the comments above and question how can you improve on radio broadcasts as i believe the third was taped off a radio as the original studio tapes were wiped.I know my way around most studio technology but just wondering if the other discs are going to be any different,enhanced mono maybe?Doesn't look like ol' Jim will be strutting the stage soon,too busy twiddling knobs

2 hours ago, Cookie0024 said:

I bet you will still be able to buy one of those numbered print sets in two years. I bought my numbered print Zep 1 this time last year, could have bought numbered II, IV & HOTH also...Here is a pic of a numbered IV taken on the 09/09/2015....

20150909_132331.jpg

Edited by JTM

Another Zeppelin release that I will be avoiding as there is nothing that has not been heard before and is readily available if you know where to look

ok it will have been remastered etc and have some nice photos and sleeve notes but after the personal disappointment of most of the extras that were put on the last set of reissued albums I will pass on the BBC 

if only Jimmy would put half the effort into  sorting the tour and new music that he's promised since the O2 shows.......

rant over.....puts on tin hat !

• Administrators

Taken from The Complete BBC Sessions, listen to a previously unreleased version of Communication Breakdown, recorded in 1971 at the Paris Cinema in London for the John Peel Sunday In Concert programme, on the Official Led Zeppelin Spotify playlist now: http://smarturl.it/LZplaylist or using the player below. Pre-order The Complete BBC Sessions at www.ledzeppelin.com

https://open.spotify.com/track/7D4bWKE89v9G5Dv7keDmPt

Maybe I'm all alone here but would it be so hard to release each session complete and in proper order of when the session/shows were recorded?   Rather than having partial sessions and shows divided up into different discs and certain songs lumped into an extra disc.  

It just seems so amateurish to not put things in proper order and in sequence.    

I just dont get it...

Edited by Sticks of Fire

I've been enjoying the DTS version of HTWWW this week, which prompts this question: If JP is doing a super deluxe of the BBC Sessions, dare we hope for a revisit to HTWWW with the Long Beach AND LA Forum shows in their entirety? 

Would be very groovy...but it's probably wishful thinking...