BBC sessions deluxe out September 16!!!!

Another strange annoyance about the deluxe box set.

I went to frame the numbered print for display along with the prints from all the other sets. For some reason, the BBC print is cut at 12.5" x 12.5" (actual album cover size) compared to 12" x 12" like all the other prints. I had a frame left over after mounting the other prints and obviously wanted to use that frame for the sake of convenience and uniformity. The BBC print will not fit in the frame without trimming the edges. Again, a minor complaint but a strange decision in compiling the box set.

14 hours ago, IzzyBlues said:

I can't believe the full Whole Lotta Love medley wasn't included in this remaster.

They really missed the plot with this one I'm afraid.

With the full WLL medley not being released for this set, I doubt that we will ever see that full medley officially released.

On 9/22/2016 at 9:39 AM, LordStanley said:

Minor gripe but I'm a little perplexed as to why they changed the design of the deluxe box set.  The box itself is somewhat less attractive than the previous ones and they downgraded to a paperback book. Minor details, of course, but it doesn't make much sense to change the presentation after 9 releases.

That was my initial thought but the box presentation is inline with the other live box sets. 

On September 18, 2016 at 6:29 PM, sixpense said:

I wonder if Plant plays bass on Sunshine Woman. It could have been an overdub (there are overdubs on other tracks) but the bass playing doesn't sound like something Jones would play. Maybe Jimmy will shed light on this in future interviews.

I heard a number of overdubs and have probably missed some. I only listened all the way through once.

I thought I heard a portion of  two guitars playing.

I love the sound. I programmed the tracks from the 4/1 71 broadcast. Sounded amazing , better than the L'Olymia Show from The Zep 1 reissue.

The missing WLL medley portions don't bother me so much. I feel in love with the tape without them . Still would have been nice.

Im going to give all three discs another real good listen later. I hope the overdubs aren't too.

From what I did hear it's not like the Franken Show 6/25/72 release. As great as the sound is I don't play it at all.

Are the new disc releases considered SD CD ? The Stones and Bowie Remasters seem to have a bit more sonic clout.

With Zep the new vinyl is on par with anything. 

On 9/22/2016 at 2:09 PM, LordStanley said:

Minor gripe but I'm a little perplexed as to why they changed the design of the deluxe box set.  The box itself is somewhat less attractive than the previous ones and they downgraded to a paperback book. Minor details, of course, but it doesn't make much sense to change the presentation after 9 releases.

I couldn't agree more. I have all the other SDBS of the studio albums and was hoping the BBC SDBS would follow suit. I was hoping the booklet from the BBC SDBS would also be similar to the ones from the previous SDBS. I am a recent vinyl collector, so the only other Zep album I have is the Celebration Day one which is what the BBC set is similar to.

Other than that, I am extremely happy to have this re-release. Finally there is an official version of Sunshine Woman. I ended up playing the 3rd CD of unreleased tracks in my car for 3 days straight. Now I have moved on to the rest of the release. 

I fully understand the feelings and experiences a Zep fan like Timothy may have about these releases, he never had boots

or was around when the band was active. Also, if these releases give you great joy, awesome. What I just don't get is , is

microremastering all this stuff each time, going to increase your listening pleasure by 5% or 10% each time they do this

dance  ?.?  It has already happened where the first remaster of a song ended up better than the second remaster. Also it

seems  like you could remaster a pretty good Zep song like "Your Time Is Gonna Come" to death and eventually the song

is  now a total Zep classic. But if this stuff makes you happy, so be it. Next is "The Completely Remastered Complete BBC

Sessions", with bonus disc of unedited songs edited the first two times around !?!,.,.!.,.!,?.!!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2016 at 3:31 PM, Rubberfist said:

Picked up a copy of the 3CD set yesterday at HMV. The pages in the booklet are assembled out of order making it a bit of fun to read. Does anyone else have the same issue?. I will do a listing of the page sequence once I have the time to figure it all out.

Not sure where you are, but I went to an HMV in Toronto, Canada, and got the same booklet it seems, lol.  Also, where it should be a picture of Page on the inner sleeve, there's a zoomed and poorly-cropped picture of Plant.  When I informed the store, they were unaware of this issue.  Guess my "super-rare misprint" is more common than I though, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 1:34 PM, Mithril46 said:

I fully understand the feelings and experiences a Zep fan like Timothy may have about these releases, he never had boots

or was around when the band was active. Also, if these releases give you great joy, awesome. What I just don't get is , is

microremastering all this stuff each time, going to increase your listening pleasure by 5% or 10% each time they do this

dance  ?.?  It has already happened where the first remaster of a song ended up better than the second remaster. Also it

seems  like you could remaster a pretty good Zep song like "Your Time Is Gonna Come" to death and eventually the song

is  now a total Zep classic. But if this stuff makes you happy, so be it. Next is "The Completely Remastered Complete BBC

Sessions", with bonus disc of unedited songs edited the first two times around !?!,.,.!.,.!,?.!!  

Would you say the BBC collection was worth buying, because  the last version  I owned got played about twice,?

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2016 at 12:39 PM, LordStanley said:

Now that I have the set, finally...this box set is from the BBC...it's copyright 2016 BBC, plus Atlantic Recording Company. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

Edited by pujols05

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody

A music store in my country has BBC Sessions 'Super Deluxe' with 50% off. The problem is that they have to bring the box from USA, and they can't guarantee me that the sticker says: "Individually Numbered Album Cover Art Print".

I don't know what to do. :unsure:

Anybody bought the box and came not numbered? :ahhh: