Favorite Zeppelin Album?

Matthew

17 hours ago, Valerie Sunshine said:

It is a hard question, don't make me choose please!!! :( ahahaha

Even though I love them all, I must say that LZ III has something special, it is the one I listen the most.

I know what you mean! III was my favorite for the longest time and I still go back to it every now and then. As far as my favorite albums I flip flop all the time. Right now I'm in love with Houses of the Holy and PG. Thanks for replying I love hearing other people's opinions!

11 hours ago, Stairway is NOT stolen said:

Favorite Album: Physical Graffiti

Most Underrated: Presence

PG is up there for me. I've just recently over the past couple of years gotten into it and appreciated it for what it is. 

The album I feel is most underrated is Houses of the Holy simply from coming off the heels of IV I feel like it gets dismissed by a lot of people expecting something different. I feel like it's Led Zeppelins most laid back album but yet has a lot of substance, that if you take yourself a bit back you'll find and really appreciate. Also some of my favorite song lyrics from the songs with that LP.

Thanks for replying I'd love to read why you believe presence is the most underrated album. Thanks!

23 hours ago, Matthew said:

PG is up there for me. I've just recently over the past couple of years gotten into it and appreciated it for what it is. 

The album I feel is most underrated is Houses of the Holy simply from coming off the heels of IV I feel like it gets dismissed by a lot of people expecting something different. I feel like it's Led Zeppelins most laid back album but yet has a lot of substance, that if you take yourself a bit back you'll find and really appreciate. Also some of my favorite song lyrics from the songs with that LP.

Thanks for replying I'd love to read why you believe presence is the most underrated album. Thanks!

Well, outside of ALS and NFBM, no one seems to talk about Presence. People talk about the first 4 being classic albums, houses being a bit different, with No Quarter, TSRTS and OTHAFA getting special mentions. PG gets talked about because it is also their only double album, and features lots of their most loved songs. ITTOD gets mentioned because it's last ever album, and is completely different to their other material. And CODA gets mentioned because it is their 'scraps' album, and not many seem to like it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ITTOD gets shit on far too often. It showcases some heavy ass riffs from Page, deep ass pocket grooves from Bonham, the late 70s roar that Robert developed, and surprisingly tasteful use of electronic instruments by Jones. My favourite song off this album is Carouselambra. Presence is astonishingly less praised than it should be. It was an awesome return to the gritty blues that gave Zep their start. The djent foreshadowing Achilles last stand is my favorite song off this album. Coda is not a Zeppelin album. I don't know what it is. I hate the fact that the songs are not from the same year, or even the same period of zep, however, the recordings of I can't quit you and We're gonna groove are amazing, especially on vinyl. My favourite song on this album is I can't quit you. 

Led Zeppelin iii

has always been my special friend. The contrasts on it are amazing, the hammer of immigrant song , heavy blues build up atmosphere on SIBlY , woody stomp on BYR . I could go on. But I think it's got just nearly it all! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived