Value of 1972 Budokan posters?

sparkax

There is no "set value for collectible type items"  With that said, my advice would be to research what this poster has sold for in the past, be able to distinquish it from a reproduction and convey that to potential buyers, take lots of good quality posters and then list it for sale on EBAY (or your favorite sellers site).  You can play it safe with a fixed auction price or let the world set the price through open auction format.  Its a very nice piece.  

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

A vintage original from 1972 in excellent to mint condition would probably sell for about $1,750 to $2,000 at auction.

Here's one from 1971:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-tour-poster-sells-for-2200-on-ebay/

As much as I Love Led Zeppelin, I would never pay $2,000 on a Led Zeppelin poster.  I would rather spend that money on 100 different Led Zeppelin t-shirts (if there are that many- at $20 a shirt) or however many cases of Budweiser that $2,000 would buy over the course of me drinking 100 cases of said Budweiser (at $20 a case).  But then again, that is just Me and My logic.  To Me, that surely beats the "honor" of hanging a poster in my room that only some would see. 

5 hours ago, kingzoso said:

As much as I Love Led Zeppelin, I would never pay $2,000 on a Led Zeppelin poster.  I would rather spend that money on 100 different Led Zeppelin t-shirts (if there are that many- at $20 a shirt) or however many cases of Budweiser that $2,000 would buy over the course of me drinking 100 cases of said Budweiser (at $20 a case).  But then again, that is just Me and My logic.  To Me, that surely beats the "honor" of hanging a poster in my room that only some would see. 

Generally speaking, a vintage authentic concert poster is probably the most collectible souvenir from any particular concert. When they are properly framed and matted under non-glare glass they look absolutely stunning. Granted, there aren't many Led Zeppelin concert posters I personally would pay $2,000+ for but there are a few provided they are original and in excellent to mint condition:

Tokyo Budokan (10/71), Southampton 1/22/73, German Tour (3/73) and Earls Court (5/75).

Archived