Favorite Song off of Physical Graffiti

Matthew

It really is too hard to pick. Incredible that practically every song is just so damn good. 60-80% of the album is absolutely top shelf unbeatable showpiece brilliance. The rest is OUTSTANDING.

I, like some others have said, change my favourite with mood or just for rediscovering a particular songs erpicness all over again.

Absolutely my favorite Zep album, and almost impossible to pick a single favorite track.

But if I had to choose, I'd have to say In My Time of Dying is my #1 and Ten Years Gone is #2. 

Kashmir would be #3, and then Custard Pie, The Rover, Trampled Under Foot, In the Light, Bron-Y-Aur, The Wanton Song, Boogie with Stu, and Sick Again would all be tied for #4. :)

On 7/2/2017 at 6:54 PM, tmtomh said:

Absolutely my favorite Zep album, and almost impossible to pick a single favorite track.

But if I had to choose, I'd have to say In My Time of Dying is my #1 and Ten Years Gone is #2.  :)

IMTOD is one of my favorites from the O2 concert.

TYG is one of my Zeppelin "Headphone" favorties -- the whole side actually.

• 2 months later...

For me it's Down By The Seaside. It used to be my second choice behind Ten Years Gone, but within the last few years it holds more of a sentimental value for me. Since the birth of my first daughter I sing this song to her when she has trouble sleeping.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 0:15 AM, Xolo1974 said:

Allow me to elaborate on my earlier answer. Awesome lyrics:

we are eagles of one nest

the best is in our soul 

Ten Years Gone; I obviously agree with Xolo1974 on the lyrics on that one! :-)

TYG would make my top 5 all time Zep favorites. 

That said, I really love the entire album... In the Light, Down by the Seaside, Black Country Woman, Trampled Underfoot, Houses of the Holy, Night Flight.. .there is no song on that album that is not absolutely excellent!

13 hours ago, EaglesOfOneNest said:

Ten Years Gone; I obviously agree with Xolo1974 on the lyrics on that one! :-)

TYG would make my top 5 all time Zep favorites. 

That said, I really love the entire album... In the Light, Down by the Seaside, Black Country Woman, Trampled Underfoot, Houses of the Holy, Night Flight.. .there is no song on that album that is not absolutely excellent!

That’s my funeral song mate. Best song ever written in my view 

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2016 at 12:29 AM, IpMan said:

Also, my favorite Zep album:

Ten Years Gone and, I know I am in the minority here but... Down By The Seaside. I just really love this song and it brings back so many memories for me.

those are two of my favorite ones, my top 3 would be:

3. down by the seaside

2. bron-yr-aur

1. ten years gone

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2017 at 8:08 AM, Xolo1974 said:

That’s my funeral song mate. Best song ever written in my view 

I'm gonna have Bron Y Aur played at mine.

Favorite from this album? Impossible. I listen to the underdogs the most though; Night Flight, Boogie With Stu, Custard Pie, Houses Of The Holy.

"In The Light" and "Down By The Seaside" - the second half of PG, IMHO, is almost like "hidden treasure" - the first half is treasure too, just treasure everyone properly recognizes as treasure.

If close my eyes and relax in subdued light and have the second disc of PG on the player, there are few music listening experiences as good...

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'm gonna have Bron Y Aur played at mine.

Favorite from this album? Impossible. I listen to the underdogs the most though; Night Flight, Boogie With Stu, Custard Pie, Houses Of The Holy.

I walked into my Reception when I got married to Bron Y Aur. Was magic, and works brilliant.

Ten Years Gone - but honestly, what a crime to be forced to pick only one song. You could roll a dice with your favourite 6 and be happy with whatever come up.

• 3 months later...

Archived