JUST ONE SONG TO INTRODUCE LZ

Valerie Sunshine

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I would show them How Many More Times from RAH.

I would show them the whole show !

I remember saying to my nephew when he was @ 20 and playing bass in his band, to watch it to see how a real band does it. Shame though he thought it was old fashioned, long haired, dull rubbish. Not surprisingly his "indie" band were/are beyond awful. Formulated pop cack with no soul or improvisation.

Here is a video of them. I can barely listen to it. And no excuses for being young as Plant was 20 when he joined Zepp.

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I would show them the whole show !

I remember saying to my nephew when he was @ 20 and playing bass in his band, to watch it to see how a real band does it. Shame though he thought it was old fashioned, long haired, dull rubbish. Not surprisingly his "indie" band were/are beyond awful. Formulated pop cack with no soul or improvisation.

Here is a video of them. I can barely listen to it. And no excuses for being young as Plant was 20 when he joined Zepp.

Hey man don't be so rough with them, I liked the song it is not that bad. ?

Obviously LZ is LZ, though. ?

Audio only?: maybe Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and advise my friend this is just the second song off their first album and was recorded in 69. That blows my mind so much. SECOND SONG OFF FIRST EVER ALBUM!!!! I imagine if someone is going to "get it", that song would be a pretty "Wow! I need to listen to more!" kinda intro. And I'd love for someone discovering Zep to be fairly chronological with that discovery.

Especially as most people who have "heard of" Led Zeppelin but not actually heard more than Stairway and Rock and Roll would finally realise Zep are not a "heavy Metal" band. (something I can't believe still is generally out there)

39 minutes ago, ZosoAddict said:

"Immigrant Song"- the live HTWWW version.

No way, if "Immigrant Song" was the first LZ number I'd heard I doubt I would not want to hear anymore, fortunately it was WLL, before "Immigrant Song" had been released..

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, JTM said:

No way, if "Immigrant Song" was the first LZ number I'd heard I doubt I would not want to hear anymore, fortunately it was WLL, before "Immigrant Song" had been released..

I've never had a problem with it. I have played it for plenty of people and they have liked it. But I understand and respect your point.

1 hour ago, ZosoAddict said:

I've never had a problem with it. I have played it for plenty of people and they have liked it. But I understand and respect your point.

I really love 'inmigrant song' I believe it represents the inner strenght of LZ. I would choose it in order to introduce the band to someone who does not know them. My first option would be 'rock n roll', though.

Why don't you like it, JTM?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd have to second the vote for Stairway. It's by far their most famous and successful song, and does epitomize the Led Zeppelin sound. But beyond that, since everyone on god's green earth has heard it, when I play it to that hypothetical unfamiliar with Led Zeppelin person, they'll almost certainly say "oh that's Led Zeppelin?! I want to hear more!!"

Reminds me of a time some years ago when I went to see the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra playing Led Zeppelin songs. All the ushers were these like 70 year old women, and there was a small cluster of them who stood within earshot of me for most of the concert. When Stairway started up, I could hear them saying "I know this song! This is Led Zeppelin? I had no idea!"

Archived