Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott latest stars revealed to be attending Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in Tokyo

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott are the latest stars to be added to the lineup for the 2016 Classic Rock Roll Of Honour.

Page and Elliott are announced alongside Philippine superstars Sarah Geronimo and Bamboo and will join the previously announced artists Jeff Beck, Cheap Trick, Kirk Hammett of Metallica, Phil Collen of Def Leppard, Richie Sambora, Orianthi and Thai band Slot Machine.

This year's Classic Rock Roll Of Honour is being held in Japan for the first time, with the ceremony taking place on November 11 at Ryogoku Kokugikan Stadium in Tokyo – the spiritual home of sumo wrestling.

TeamRock Chief Executive Billy Anderson says: "TeamRock are delighted to have Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott joining us for what will be an incredible celebration of rock music. Rock musicians don't come much more 'classic' than Jimmy Page and to have him and Jeff Beck – two masters of their trade – together at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in Tokyo will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"And few bands have had the continued success that Def Leppard have enjoyed for so many years. Joe Elliott is an international rock icon and we are thrilled that he will be there with us in Japan.

"When you consider the other artists lined up to appear, we can guarantee that the Ryogoku Kokugikan Stadium is set for a night that will live long in the memory of anyone lucky enough to be there."
Jeff Beck will be given the highest honours on the night and he has announced that he will be assembling his own special band of musicians for the event. Beck’s band includes an all­-star cast featuring the brothers Dean and Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots on guitar and bass.

He will also be joined by guitarist Tommy Henriksen, of US-based supergroup Hollywood Vampires, and Korn drummer Ray Luzier.

Tickets for the event are available now, via Ticketbis.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-09-23/jimmy-page-and-joe-elliott-to-appear-at-classic-rock-awards

6 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott latest stars revealed to be attending Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in Tokyo

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott are the latest stars to be added to the lineup for the 2016 Classic Rock Roll Of Honour.

Page and Elliott are announced alongside Philippine superstars Sarah Geronimo and Bamboo and will join the previously announced artists Jeff Beck, Cheap Trick, Kirk Hammett of Metallica, Phil Collen of Def Leppard, Richie Sambora, Orianthi and Thai band Slot Machine.

This year's Classic Rock Roll Of Honour is being held in Japan for the first time, with the ceremony taking place on November 11 at Ryogoku Kokugikan Stadium in Tokyo – the spiritual home of sumo wrestling.

TeamRock Chief Executive Billy Anderson says: "TeamRock are delighted to have Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott joining us for what will be an incredible celebration of rock music. Rock musicians don't come much more 'classic' than Jimmy Page and to have him and Jeff Beck – two masters of their trade – together at the Classic Rock Roll Of Honour in Tokyo will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"And few bands have had the continued success that Def Leppard have enjoyed for so many years. Joe Elliott is an international rock icon and we are thrilled that he will be there with us in Japan.

"When you consider the other artists lined up to appear, we can guarantee that the Ryogoku Kokugikan Stadium is set for a night that will live long in the memory of anyone lucky enough to be there."
Jeff Beck will be given the highest honours on the night and he has announced that he will be assembling his own special band of musicians for the event. Beck’s band includes an all­-star cast featuring the brothers Dean and Robert DeLeo of Stone Temple Pilots on guitar and bass.

He will also be joined by guitarist Tommy Henriksen, of US-based supergroup Hollywood Vampires, and Korn drummer Ray Luzier.

Tickets for the event are available now, via Ticketbis.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-09-23/jimmy-page-and-joe-elliott-to-appear-at-classic-rock-awards

That is really cool - I hope Joe asks Jimmy to record some new music!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If Jimmy doesn't play, that's gonna piss me off, and I'm going to have to dance around  any discussions about that event, to me that is like when you're favorite team doesn't make the playoffs. Still sounds like a killer event, but like Silverseas

intimated, Joe Elliot in many circles is hardly considered a legend, except for sheer stamina maybe. Lucky Steve....

45 minutes ago, Mithril46 said:

If Jimmy doesn't play, that's gonna piss me off, and I'm going to have to dance around  any discussions about that event, to me that is like when you're favorite team doesn't make the playoffs. Still sounds like a killer event, but like Silverseas

intimated, Joe Elliot in many circles is hardly considered a legend, except for sheer stamina maybe. Lucky Steve....

Perhaps they'll do Pour Some Sugar on Me while making a Sarah Geronimo sandwich. She'd love it. My hunch is he'll join in a guitar jam.

1 hour ago, bluecongo said:

Wouldn't you love to see Beck and Page duet on Because We've Ended as Lovers?

jimmy on string bender would just be unreal on that.

sigh, dreaming out loud again.

Oh hell yeah, I love that tune. Great choice.

4 hours ago, juxtiphi said:

Seeing as how he only played rhythm with Jeff Beck at his ROH show.

I'm betting he comes out and just holds a guitar while the others play:bait:.

Yeah that was absolute shite. Letting others like Joe Perry take the lead. Really!?!?!?. I reckon either he can't play for some sort of physical reason or his confidence is completely shot. 

Jimmy Page playing second fiddle to other guitarists!!!! Fuck that!!!! 

I say even IF Jimmy doesn't intend to career on, I'm sure he'd like to get some plaudits for still being a great guitar player.

"Lovers" by Beck would be good, but there are some jazzy spots in there, but nothing Jimmy couldn't  get down in a

few days. And, yeah, even though Jimmy is likely rusty, I'm sure his self-confidence is very shaky. On the other hand, I

can't understand what would be so difficult to get a 3-5 song blues set together. Many older guitarists with slowing

fingers have found endless ways of of still expressing themselves.

2 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

Many older guitarists with slowing

fingers have found endless ways of of still expressing themselves.

This is the part I find most perplexing about the whole Page not often on stage thing. If it is tendinitis/ arthritis / wear and tear, why not try for an adapted way of playing? Keith Richards' fingers nowadays look like bony pepperami, but he plays in a way that minimises the effects of age. I wonder if Page feels typecast as a "fast solo" type guitarist and thinks people wouldn't accept it if he played differently?

Feel free to disagree.

His calluses are gone and his fingers are week.    At his age coupled with how long it's been since he's actually played makes it near impossible for him to recover in a way he feels is respectable. I think he is deathly afraid of failing to hit the right notes while in a live setting that's being televised or recorded for posterity.

Archived