Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

sam_webmaster

On October 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM, SteveAJones said:

Perhaps something is lost in translation, but as I understand it Pink Floyd reunion tours are postponed because Roger Waters is a dick weed. 

:hysterical: 

That was a very good one!  Made me almost spit my drink out!

Absolutely, the Harper thing, Page was tip-top. This strangeness also happend in 77', Page would be playing with electric,

songs sometimes in a shambles. Then comes the acoustic set, is there even one where Page plays sloppily ?.? No nonsense please he's sitting down. I have Page's profile( overlong arms AND big hands), I can do the "almost at the knees"

thing, it's rock not jazz. Anyway people who are not nervous I don't think realize that people like Page can almost get

to  the point of meltdown given certain situations. Also many good/great boots Page often starts a bit shakily the first

few  songs. Page has said this himself, not just my BS. Also read the ARMS interviews, early Firm interviews, you would

be  amazed at Jimmy's rather fragile mental makeup and lack of confidence. It's as if  he never was in Zep.

5 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

Am I missing something? Does the poster actually state that jimmy will perform? All I can see is "+ live performance". 

Everyone is excited about the prospect of maybe Jimmy and a guitar again, because as I have said before, music needs Jimmy Page. As the song goes, "It's been a long time since I rock n rolled" and people want to see the king return to his rightful place; picking up a 6 string either electric or acoustic, people just want to hear and see him making magic again. It inspires people to be better and inspires people to reach out to that next horizon

2 hours ago, Boleskinner said:

Am I missing something? Does the poster actually state that jimmy will perform? All I can see is "+ live performance". 

It seems like he will. 

http://www.ticketbis.com/en-ca/classic-rock-awards-2016-tokyo-tickets/ev104692

2016 Classic Rock Awards' line-up

The star-studded show will feature your favourite rock ‘n’ roll idols, who will thrill the fans with dazzling performances. Buy your official Classic Rock Award tickets before they run out! These are just some of the legendary rock stars who will be giving their all at this once-in-a-lifetime show:

• Jimmy Page
  • Jeff Beck
  • Cheap Trick
  • Kirk Hammett
  • Joe Elliot 
  • Phil Collen
  • Richie Sambora
  • Orianthi
  • Slot Machine
  • Sarah Geronimo 
  • Bamboo

On 17/10/2016 at 3:07 PM, Mithril46 said:

Absolutely, the Harper thing, Page was tip-top. This strangeness also happend in 77', Page would be playing with electric,

songs sometimes in a shambles. Then comes the acoustic set, is there even one where Page plays sloppily ?.? No nonsense please he's sitting down. I have Page's profile( overlong arms AND big hands), I can do the "almost at the knees"

thing, it's rock not jazz. Anyway people who are not nervous I don't think realize that people like Page can almost get

to  the point of meltdown given certain situations. Also many good/great boots Page often starts a bit shakily the first

few  songs. Page has said this himself, not just my BS. Also read the ARMS interviews, early Firm interviews, you would

be  amazed at Jimmy's rather fragile mental makeup and lack of confidence. It's as if  he never was in Zep.

I don't know if it was just rhetoric but when Page was recently interviewed about his involvement with charity Outside Edge — a theatre group to help recovering addicts — he talked about his stage fright and how in the lead up to the O2 he actually used the adrenaline in a positive manner, whereas before it subjugated him. It almost sounded like he had spoken to a psychologist or had a major shift in his mindset about how he dealt with his nerves. Who knows, many top level performers take beta blockers to stop shakes, etc. (especially classical musicians), so maybe he is taking some prescribed meds instead of JD these days! Whatever he's doing, the O2 is the most confident I've seen him in years on stage. No doubt the extensive rehearsals and positive mood in the Zep camp were also massive factors. I'm hoping if he plays, he can bring some of that bravado and swagger on stage with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this on TBL:

LZ News:

Led Zeppelin News Update:
In conjunction with the Led Zep news site, each week I will be re- producing highlights from their weekly email update news summary. This goes out every Sunday. Sign up details are below. Many thanks to James Cook.

Jimmy Page

japan-poster

The top of the poster for the Classic Rock Awards 2016 (Classic Rock Magazine) •Will Jimmy Page perform at the Classic Rock Awards in Tokyo on November 11? No, probably not, but the Japanese poster promoting the event seems to suggest he will, and that has kickstarted speculation online over what will happen at the event. Page is given top billing alongside Jeff Beck, who definitely will perform, and the poster has “live performance” at the top. But Page hasn’t performed in years, not counting an impromptu performance on French television in 2014 and an on-stage jam at the Founders Award in Seattle last year. There are two likely outcomes here: The poster and speculation has all been a mix-up caused by promoters looking to maximise the appeal of the event, or Page will join in as part of an on-stage jam at the event.

TBL tend to be pretty clued in, so maybe they've heard something? Shame. If it's a "seven guitarists on stage" type jam that's fair enough. If it is total non performance then the organisers are surely going to have some narked off fans on their case because that poster looks pretty unequivocal.

Looks to me like it could be a Black Crows with Jimmy redeux (same font) only with Def Lepard.

Achillies and the Wanton Song would be awsome, but would probably wind up being Rock and Roll Black Dog.

Or a Jimmy/Jeff duo and a Def Lepard opening act.

Or a big jam.

I hope he plays and blows some snowflakes away.

Archived