Jimmy Page and Joe Elliott to appear at Classic Rock Awards

sam_webmaster

1 hour ago, No Quota said:

Looks to me like it could be a Black Crows with Jimmy redeux (same font) only with Def Lepard.

Achillies and the Wanton Song would be awsome, but would probably wind up being Rock and Roll Black Dog.

Or a Jimmy/Jeff duo and a Def Lepard opening act.

Or a big jam.

I hope he plays and blows some snowflakes away.

Don't get your hopes up, i'm guessing Jimbo will pull out. That poster billing is going to scare him off.     

10 hours ago, JTM said:

i'm guessing Jimbo will pull out. That poster billing is going to scare him off.     

Short of an emergency, he would not do that to the Japanese. He's really been looking forward to this visit. They're ready for him in the bootleg district (lol) and if he'd like to make good on his "intent" to return one day to perform there is no better time than 11/11. No one expects a full set but a jam seems reasonable and likely to me. 

Had a look at the website, as I was thinking of attending, but tickets seem rather expensive coupled with the vague poster.:unsure:

On 06/11/2016 at 10:22 AM, SteveAJones said:

Short of an emergency, he would not do that to the Japanese. He's really been looking forward to this visit. They're ready for him in the bootleg district (lol) and if he'd like to make good on his "intent" to return one day to perform there is no better time than 11/11. No one expects a full set but a jam seems reasonable and likely to me. 

Hopefully a jam,  Jeff Beck is there to "encourage" him along.

Or he will slip off to some club and play a "blistering blues set with unknown band"

I still think "thank you for this award, forgot to bring a guitar, so let's watch a clip/next year/match fit/reissues/dust off the guitar/DVD/moved house" will come into play.

On 06/11/2016 at 9:22 AM, SteveAJones said:

Enjoy the gig Steve

T -48 and counting.

Right now, Page is probably knee-deep in sushi, practising his harmonic minor scale, Scarlet at his side, preparing for his monumental comeback.

"I'm gonna show the world that I've still got it with a killer three-song set that redefines rock 'n' roll..." 

"It seems everyone wants to be involved in the biggest rock party of the year and we're delighted to have them all onboard. With all of our musical guests also scheduled to perform at the event, anyone in attendance is guaranteed a night that they will never, ever forget."

Full article:

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-08/aerosmiths-joe-perry-and-x-japans-yoshiki-for-classic-rock-awards-tokyo

50 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Jimmy's back in town. He was in Nishi-Shinjuku (the bootleg district) this afternoon.

Did u bump into him Steve? If you do - say hi for me! And by that I mean burst out crying while trying to explain how much of an impact he had on me and still does. Finally runnig and sobbing loudly, leaving him slighty amused and concerned.

Just like I picture I would. :)

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Did u bump into him Steve? If you do - say hi for me! And by that I mean burst out crying while trying to explain how much of an impact he had on me and still does. Finally runnig and sobbing loudly, leaving him slighty amused and concerned.

Just like I picture I would. :)

I really did LOL at this. I'm too much of an introvert to say hello to Jimmy in such a situation, but I'd probably follow at a distance for a bit trying to see what bootlegs he was buying. 

3 hours ago, 76229 said:

I really did LOL at this. I'm too much of an introvert to say hello to Jimmy in such a situation, but I'd probably follow at a distance for a bit trying to see what bootlegs he was buying. 

Jimmy got the new Led Zeppelin Kyoto 1972 boxed set...two copies of the Monster Edition and one copy of the Live Pics Edition.

Jimmy did NOT perform tonight, he only presented an award to Jeff Beck! CLASSIC ROCK can shove any future Tokyo award shows up their asses! TOP BILLING on all of the promotional materials AND categorized as a "PERFORMING ARTIST" on the website and he hands Jeff an award. Glad they both had a good time but man did the ticket holders get fleeced! Aside from all that, it's clear he is well and truly DONE.

2011%2011%2011%20Access%20All%20Areas_zp

2016%2011%2011%20Access%20All%20Areas_zp

Archived