Neo Classical

leddy

I am a big fan of Yngvie malmsteen, Just love a bit of classical licks in the songs, I don't care much for the vocals but the instumentals are amazing, they sound good on an acoustic aswell as the electric Guitar !! I think I just like hearing the harmonic minor scale and diminshed arpeggios he uses in a rock context !

Oh, neoclassical metal, I thought you were talking about neoclassical as in igor Stravinsky.

I used to listen to a bit of it. Yngwie Malmsteen is great at first, but I slowly got bored of him. My reccommendation is Jason Becker, his style is more interesting and refreshing and not just a rundown of every minor scale in the universe.

Oh, neoclassical metal, I thought you were talking about neoclassical as in igor Stravinsky.

I used to listen to a bit of it. Yngwie Malmsteen is great at first, but I slowly got bored of him. My reccommendation is Jason Becker, his style is more interesting and refreshing and not just a rundown of every minor scale in the universe.

Agh Stravinsky the godfather of Heavy Metal ! I would of put a heading of 20th century classical if I was going to talk about him :rolleyes::) , although if thats your bag then Shostokovich is better ! I have heard Jason Becker and I have to say although technically very good his playing doesn't float my boat so to speak, just aload of notes to me played fast where as Yngvie has alot of feeling in his playing too, but glad you like the genre !

Archived