Ryder Cup 2016

chillumpuffer

Crikey has it been 2 years since the last one? Well the tee's are at the ready and what with Danny Willet's big gob brother whipping the crowd up, what predictions do we have for what could be a fabulous weekend?

Does DJ fold under pressure (again) ? Will Rory shine? Or perhaps the rookie Matt Fitzpatrick will wake up and say " Is this for real?"

First tee off 7.35 am CST or 12.30pm BST

I reckon Europe will be under pressure from the off but will just nick it 

Nearly given up on the coverage already. Too may ads and that annoying chanting of USA USA. And to add - why on earth does someone honestly have to shout "get in the hole" when one has just driven off a 625 yard par 5 !! Have also heard the utter shite that is "mashed potater" and "baba bouey"  whatever that means. But the best has to be Big Phil driving off on the par 5. As he smacks it, the crowd cream themselves, whooping with delight, only for the ball to sail out of bounds. Oh the joy !!

On 9/30/2016 at 3:32 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Nearly given up on the coverage already. Too may ads and that annoying chanting of USA USA. And to add - why on earth does someone honestly have to shout "get in the hole" when one has just driven off a 625 yard par 5 !! Have also heard the utter shite that is "mashed potater" and "baba bouey"  whatever that means. But the best has to be Big Phil driving off on the par 5. As he smacks it, the crowd cream themselves, whooping with delight, only for the ball to sail out of bounds. Oh the joy !!

"Baba Bouey" that reminds me of the days when people used to shout "Wally" at gigs, of course one would not do that today for fear of being considered a "Wally" 

I know what you mean about the crowd, far to noisy, they all must be putting Meth Amphetamine in their coffee, much to early in the morn to make that kind of row...

4 hours ago, JTM said:

"Baba Bouey" that reminds me of the days when people used to shout "Wally" at gigs, of course one would not do that today for fear of being considered a "Wally" 

I know what you mean about the crowd, far to noisy, they all must be putting Meth Amphetamine in their coffee, much to early in the morn to make that kind of row...

Those were the days man?

Well done to the US team in what was a fabulous final day. Not well done to the "fans" who were disgraceful, and I am sure a complete embarrassment to the majority of true followers of the game. Yes be passionate, but these "thickheads" who shouted out just as a player taking their shot, were crossing the line of sportsmanship. Rory was right in singling out that guy and having him ejected, What really gets me is the stewarding of this event. Time after time and clearly picked up by the microphones, you heard "miss" "get in the water" you are a "TURD" and nothing was done about it. Finally no word from the US team in their condoning of the behaviour. No surprise there?

See you in 2 years in Paris. And remember the beer the Europeans drink bears no resemblance to the weak piss you drink. Hopefully these wankers will be asleep before the first tee shot is hit !

I didn't watch one second of the Ryder Cup but what I have heard is this...

1. The crowd was shit. Well, I can't say I am surprised at that. The Ryder Cup crowds have been getting unruly and uglier for years now. "Baba Booey" is a phrase taken from the Howard Stern show. It was some stupid nickname for one of Howard's nincompoop sidekicks. Howard Stern fans aren't the brightest or well-mannered sort of people...just the type to shout "Get in the hole!", "You da man!", or "Baba Booey!" at golf tournaments. 

2. Lee Westwood was awful.

3. The Phil vs. Sergio match was the highlight of the weekend. 19 birdies between them.

La Cheeserie!

6 hours ago, Strider said:

I didn't watch one second of the Ryder Cup but what I have heard is this...

1. The crowd was shit. Well, I can't say I am surprised at that. The Ryder Cup crowds have been getting unruly and uglier for years now. "Baba Booey" is a phrase taken from the Howard Stern show. It was some stupid nickname for one of Howard's nincompoop sidekicks. Howard Stern fans aren't the brightest or well-mannered sort of people...just the type to shout "Get in the hole!", "You da man!", or "Baba Booey!" at golf tournaments. 

2. Lee Westwood was awful.

3. The Phil vs. Sergio match was the highlight of the weekend. 19 birdies between them.

La Cheeserie!

Not just him Sean. The failure of the team was down to team selection and who's mates with Darren Clarke. Westwood has never been great. One of the only top professional golfers never to win a major, very good at being in the top three, but he has never had the mettle to carry it through. Danny Willet. Oh how the game can give you a reality check. Masters Champion to average golfer at best. 3 holes won in 54 !! Tut tut. Matt Fitzpatrick. A star for the future I am convinced but at a Ryder Cup, to go out last on the final day, in front of a baying US crowd, no.

There were highlights of course. Patrick Reed for the US - got to hand it to him he was great as was Thomas Pieters , Henrick Stenson and Rafa Cabrera-Bello. Of course we could have chosen Russell Knox and Paul Casey but Casey is ineligible as he doesn't have a European card and Knox who is ranked 19th in the world was inexcusably overlooked for the 44th ranked player Westwood. 

Easy to say in hindsight but nothing like stark reality ?

Archived