Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

33 posts in this topic

Ratt was a band I grew up listening to.  They were not the greatest band of the mid 1980's, but they were good and had more then a few decent songs.  This being one of my favorites:

 

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg, they still exist.........I hated bands like Ratt, Poison etc. etc.....................and I still do, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's the vomit emoticon when you need it? Can't believe they are still around. Truly one of the worst bands I ever saw in concert. Pure hair-metal poofery cheese. Canned-sound (sweetened with backing tapes?) and Stephen Pearcy's voice was atrocious...fingernails on blackboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

Where's the vomit emoticon when you need it? Can't believe they are still around. Truly one of the worst bands I ever saw in concert. Pure hair-metal poofery cheese. Canned-sound (sweetened with backing tapes?) and Stephen Pearcy's voice was atrocious...fingernails on blackboard.

Lol, that outdid my comment 10 to 1, hahahahahaaaaaaa.

Here's the vomoticon to make the experience complete................drumroll.............ta taaaaaaaaaaa!!!

puke-emoticon-299.jpg

Edited by reswati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan, I don't hate them, I just only know one song by them, the round and round thing I never got it I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warren Demartini is a very underrated guitarist, imho. There was a lot of great hard rock musicians in the 1980's that unfortunately were part of the glam thing. All of those bands, musically anyway, were just trying to do their best version of Zeppelin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZosoAddict said:

Warren Demartini is a very underrated guitarist, imho. There was a lot of great hard rock musicians in the 1980's that unfortunately were part of the glam thing. All of those bands, musically anyway, were just trying to do their best version of Zeppelin.

More like trying to do their best version of Van Halen-Kiss-Aerosmith. Hair-metal had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, no matter what revisionists try to tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Strider said:

More like trying to do their best version of Van Halen-Kiss-Aerosmith. Hair-metal had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, no matter what revisionists try to tell you.

Point taken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 6:04 PM, Strider said:

More like trying to do their best version of Van Halen-Kiss-Aerosmith. Hair-metal had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, no matter what revisionists try to tell you.

Indeed. That's like calling/blaming the Beatles a 'boy-band'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Indeed. That's like calling/blaming the Beatles a 'boy-band'. 

Correctamundo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing that "monsters of rock"....has dwindled down to a booze cruise in 2016...wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demartini can play, but is just in the wrong place. I do enjoy this kind of music, laugh if you want, however not this band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:06 AM, The Rover 75 said:

Demartini can play, but is just in the wrong place. I do enjoy this kind of music, laugh if you want, however not this band.

Me Too!!!! each to there own........................avatar9732_1.gif.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Round and Round because it's a good pop song (it's a solid go-to drunken/stoned song because of the vocal melody) but I'v never heard any evidence of either guitarist being any good. Sure they can play the thing but is there anything that blows people away? I'm open to references.

Edited by FL6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ratt were absolute shite. I was a teenager when hair rock, or whatever the fuck it was called, was all the rage. I was already into Zeppelin and Roy Harper. Guns n roses were good though. 

When I went to the "Monsters of Rock" in Donington 91, it was AC/DC , Metallica, motley Crüe, Quuensryche and the Black Crowes. That was a proper line up, except for Motley Crüe. They stank the place out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 :o Well i still like some of their stufff.  DeMartini was another underappreciated guitar  player. That dude has some bad-ass riffs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like many of the bands from this era, but this is not one of them. The orig guitar player, I think it was Warren Dimartini had some good chops, but to me their songs felt empty. Perhaps it's the vocals, or perhaps they just aren't very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best hair metal band were/are Twisted Sister imo.........fun with a mean streak to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now