Jimmy's Live Guitar Solos

ZosoAddict

11 hours ago, sixpense said:

Hard to pick just one but I would start with Since I've Been Loving You; Jul 23 1979 Copenhagen

This^. Jimmy nails it and adds so much to the phrasing. Just gorgeous. And, I much prefer Jones piano work to his keyboard work on this song, gives it greater depth and breath at the same time.

There is no "best" in my opinion. Jimmy Page speaks in colours and emotion with his guitar. So any one of his guitar solos could strike you as his "best" depending on what emotional state you are in.

Trying to decide amongst the many variety of solos he performed over the years and pick just one is impossible. You guys can have at it...I will just enjoy the many moods of Jimmy.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:12 PM, No Quota said:

Hard to beat the 3/24/1973 Offenburg, Germany Whole Lotta Love medley, if this meets your criteria.

Sitting in Atl traffic gives me plenty of time to hear 'em all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL89A496527DBFCB3A&v=so4JiF-6pvM

I'll check that one out. I do a lot of my live Zeppelin listening on 75 North and South myself.

19 hours ago, Amstel said:

How Many More Times - Texas Int'l. Pop Festival

Heartbreaker - Vancouver 3/21/70

Thank You - Vancouver 3/21/70

Over The Hills And Far Away - Dallas 3/4/75

I haven't heard any of these. I will get these shows and check them out. Thanks!

3 hours ago, ZosoAddict said:

I haven't heard any of these. I will get these shows and check them out. Thanks!

You will love all of these.  What is truly outstanding on the versions of Heartbreaker, Thank You and OTHAFA is the interplay between Bonham, Jones and Page.  

The How Many More Times version I listed is my absolute favorite.

Enjoy!

Archived