When will Jimmy tour again?

I think I have bought every single Led zeppelin album twice maybe three times. I have never been a big fan of bootlegs because of the horrible sound quality. I have listen to a bunch of them, Listen to this Eddie, or Last stand in Berlin (1980) some great stuff but still it doesn't have the sound or richness of the official live stuff. My question is, why does Jimmy Page say he has new material but doesn't lay down some tracks on wax? I know he has been busy re-mastering the Zeppelin catalog still he could have embarked on a short warm up tour to get his chops back.  Plus what kind of tour would he do? Rock and Roll only would be funny considering his age, I would like to see an acoustic set or something.  So my question is, would it be wiser for Jimmy to tour in a more mellower setting or go for the bombastic approach if he toured? 

4 hours ago, Black_dog_boogie said:

I think I have bought every single Led zeppelin album twice maybe three times. I have never been a big fan of bootlegs because of the horrible sound quality. I have listen to a bunch of them, Listen to this Eddie, or Last stand in Berlin (1980) some great stuff but still it doesn't have the sound or richness of the official live stuff. My question is, why does Jimmy Page say he has new material but doesn't lay down some tracks on wax? I know he has been busy re-mastering the Zeppelin catalog still he could have embarked on a short warm up tour to get his chops back.  Plus what kind of tour would he do? Rock and Roll only would be funny considering his age, I would like to see an acoustic set or something.  So my question is, would it be wiser for Jimmy to tour in a more mellower setting or go for the bombastic approach if he toured? 

There are some fantastic bootlegs to hear. Many of the soundboards from the 75 tour are well worth checking out as are a few from the early years. Southampton and Stoke 73, Florida 71, Berkeley 71 to name a few. For more in depth reviews and tips see the underground uprising website. This will point you in the right direction

As far as seeing Jimmy page on stage in the near future - never gonna happen. Mellow or otherwise. The forum has covered this more times than is necessary. In fact as I have stated many times, I was fortunate to see his last gig as a solo artist. November 28th 1998 in Manchester UK on The Outrider tour. Work it out that's 28 years ago.

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

In fact as I have stated many times, I was fortunate to see his last gig as a solo artist. November 28th 1998 in Manchester UK on The Outrider tour. Work it out that's 28 years ago.

Not that it really matters (there are no prizes to be won) but you may want to reconsider that as having seen "the last gig of his only solo tour", not his last gig as a solo artist. Not to argue about it, but even if we throw out the ZoCrowes tour and all assorted jams and performances lasting less than an hour we're still left with the ten song charity gig set he performed at Cafe de Paris in London on June 27, 1999. Although he did use members of The Black Crowes as his backing band, he still intended to continue with Page/Plant. In fact, The Black Crowes  manager (Peter Angelus) did not ring him up until two months later to inquire if he might be interested in doing what initially came to be known as the "On Stage Together" performances to coincide with Net Aid. By that time it had become clear Robert was not returning and he agreed to it.   

Just for the sake of argument, if we throw out everything with The Black Crowes we're still left with the 80 minute set he performed with Solid Ground at the Crystal Bay Club in Crystal Bay, NV on May 29th 1991. I think it's entirely fair to suggest he performed that night "as a solo artist" given he had no previous connection to the band and no Led Zeppelin material or any material from his own post-Zeppelin career was played that night. 

Obviously no one knows the answer to that question, except for Mr. Page himself.  But, in the off chance he does tour the United States of America in 2017, I will go to see Him in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, New Orleans, Memphis, Saint Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Los Angeles and definitely Los Vegas, Nevada. 

With all the cities I mentioned, I would look more forward to the Dallas, New Orleans, Saint Louis, Los Angeles and Los Vegas gigs. 

The only thing that I would dread is all the flying that would be involved. 

15 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Come on man.  

Ouch! I'm fine with Page not touring again, as long as he gives us fans something more to look forward to...like some treasures from the vaults. Maybe a complete live show or two, or three. An Earls Court box set. Some multi tracks laying around that he will offer to fans. ?? Am I being dumb ?

?

9 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Ouch! I'm fine with Page not touring again, as long as he gives us fans something more to look forward to...like some treasures from the vaults. Maybe a complete live show or two, or three. An Earls Court box set. Some multi tracks laying around that he will offer to fans. ?? Am I being dumb ?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, craigled said:

People said and thought Guns n Roses would never do anything together again. Not that i am doing a band comparison. Just meaning to say, Never say never. I have given up all hope in all reality.

Please tell me your not suggesting there's still hope for Led Zeppelin.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, RIP-IT-UP said:

I heard he's rehearsing with Spirit for their reunion tour; he's got some Randy California licks down well. 

Youve been on here 9+ years averaging 7 posts a year and you come up with this crap??!? GO HOME!! Your moms calling for you. . 

3 hours ago, RIP-IT-UP said:

You're the crybaby; it was a JOKE; anyone remember laughter?; I feel sorry for malicious people like you

6 hours ago, RIP-IT-UP said:

I heard he's rehearsing with Spirit for their reunion tour; he's got some Randy California licks down well. 

Wrong forum to "joke" about JP rehearsing for a Spirit reunion tour. . and for what its worth if this is your idea of a joke stick to whatever you do to make allowance at your mom's house. .;)

PS Sorry for being "malicious" and hurting your feelings. . lol

Archived