Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boleskinner

The chances of Page and Plant sharing a stage again

10 posts in this topic

I'm putting it out there: will we ever see Page and Plant perform together again on stage. I'm not talking about any kind of Zep reunion, but just the two of them playing on the same stage. 

Plant will join Page on stage or in the studio if and when Plant feels his solo career needs a bump. That's been his modus operandis since the demise of Led Zeppelin.

Do you want the chance or the odds? The chance is always 50/50...but the odds against it only increase with each passing year.

Take all the emotion out of it and look at it logically. The odds of a nearly 73 year old rock guitarist who delivered one concert length performance in the past 15 years (and averaged less than one performance per year over that time) performing with a 68 year old rock vocalist who is averaging less than 25 performances per year? Whatever the actual odds are they add up to highly unlikely!  

No. It's not going to happen again. I think that ship sailed a long time ago. I'm thankful I got to see them when I did in September '98...(can't believe it's almost 20 years!) I'll just have to be satisfied with that. 

If both parties wanted it to happen it would have happened at some point between 2007 and now.  I'll never say never but I don't expect to see them play together again

I think Jimmy appearing with Plant as a special guest at a one one-off charity gig could have been a possibility, but I think their relationship has soured with all the post-O2 shenanigans.

I don't see any future collaboration on new material, as Plant loves the "melange" he has with the space shifters, who are very adaptable and can play really any style of music.

Plant can be capricious though - I mean who would have predicted the O2 show - so never say never.

And I think he will always have deep affection and respect for Jimmy as a friend and acknowledges that he gave him his big break.

PS - Can't believe my topic got lumped into the newbies section. lol

Edited by Boleskinner

People, we have the next best thing - the numerous Led Zeppelin bootlegs.  I'd rather see Them Crooked Vultures back working together!!!

Sadly their last appearance together probably was in a Los Angeles courtroom.

I can't imagine it, but in the Zeppelin world, never say never! I'd only be interested if Jones was involved, to be honest. He adds so much to their sound.